Eduard 109 E-1

mykl8180

Hi all,

I am a long time reader of this and several other modeling forums.  However, this is my first post, so I hope you guys enjoy it.  I used a lot of the tips and techniques I read about on this forum to help construct this model.

The model is Eduard's 109 E-1.  There are many reviews of the kit posted.  Some say that they had no problems building the kits.  Others will tell you that they had some struggles while building it.  Unfortunately, I fall into the latter group.  I had many issues with the kit, and quite frankly it was rescued from the garbage can several times after I got very frustrated with it. 

Anyway, I am pretty happy with the results.  It is the first kit that I completed in a few years, and I had a chance to try out a few new things with it.  Construction included the Aires cockpit and wheels and Eduard's photo etch.  The antenna wire is stretched sprue with white glue insulators.  The yellow flag on the antenna mast is just a piece of paper which was painted yellow.  All of the painting was done with Model Master Acryls.  The decals are from Eagle Editions.  And finally, weathering was completed using a combination of chalk pastels, Prismacolor artist pencils, and Tamiya weathering powders.

I hope you enjoy the pics.  Any and all comments are welcome.  Thanks.

HI you too, welcome aboard :hi:, but I don't see pictures. Where are they?

Hmm... I thought I had attached them when I started the thread. Was there anything special I needed to do to get them to show up? Please let me know. Thanks.

Well, I got the photos to work this time. Thanks to all for their help.

Oh, and by the way, for whatever reason the antenna wires look very squiggly in some of the photos. They are not like that on the actual model.