Zoukei Mura P-51D

Ryan

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

Very nice work on re-building the removed front office details. Just seems this is work that for the cost of the kit, you shouldn't have had to do. Hopefully the balance of the build will be smoother sailing.

Keep 'em coming

Petet

Yeah, not wanting to rebuild anything else for sure!

It's not completely fair for me to say this is needed, i'm sure most guys wouldn't take it this far. My day job is is high end cabinetry and woodworking, so I tend to take that eye to my modeling desk. :) This is not fun for me, i'd much rather just build and paint and probably need to let some things go. Life is too short.

However having said all of that, it was still a bugger of a seam to try and clean and I figured just rebuilding it would sit well with my too critical eye.

Ryan

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

Right with you and fully appreciate your work ethic and attention to detail. I feel much the same and am trying to do more OOB builds both in 32nd and 48th scale, so the enjoyment level of the hobby remains high and isn't diminished dealing with these details that shouldn't be there in the first place.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Thanks Andy,

I learned it probably wasn't the smartest thing to glue the cockpit side walls to the fuselage parts.

There are no problems with fit or anything, its just that your then forced to glue each stringer/ frame bulkhead to the side. And then to hold a wash, putty them in. :(

I'll post pics to illustrate, if I can complicate a step I'll do it!

Ryan

• 1 year later...

Hey Kurok,

No progress sorry to say, had my hands in everything else it seems but this!

Seems like I owe you guys something with over 28,000 views though. :)

Ryan

• 2 years later...
3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Seems like a good New Years resolution to get this one finished!

2014...oh my.

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I have the same feeling  about my tamiya Mustang, also started  mine in 2014....

hope we get enough strenght to finish up the build this year, YES WE CAN!!!

cheers

Antonio

https://forum.largescalemodeller.com/topic/2758-tamiya-p-51-mustang-betty-lou/?tab=comments#comment-37533

OK back to the build....

Fortunately I had left myself some breadcrumbs to help me see what I had done and had not! The solid highlighted steps were added, the circles were not or at least that what I hoped they meant.

45832849414_81295ac121_b.jpgBread Crumbs by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

The engine was almost complete the last time I had worked on it, just a pipe or two left to stick on.

31616192537_dfc0790249_b.jpgAssembly Complete by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Once shot with Tamiya primer you can really see all of the details ZM gives you straight from the box!

32683195448_311cbce1c5_b.jpgEngine Complete by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

32683195388_3c5cf8072c_b.jpgEngine Complete by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

46504680032_27f2d29b21_b.jpgEngine Complete by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Ryan