Zoukei Mura P-51D

Ryan

Hello all,

OK my 1st in-progress build here, I just love the ZM concept and of course the kits! Here are a few shots of the engine dry fitted onto the frame. 

Sorry for the cell phone pic, I'll shoot more on a proper background. Parts of the model have been shot with primer to check seams etc....so it looks a little messy! Other than following kit directions I haven't added anything yet, but I did drill out the bolt holes on the upper frame.

14868186388_025d931d3e_c.jpgZM 2 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

14868045059_2a8b4eaa14_c.jpgZM 3 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

14868217907_025b83b0e8_c.jpgZM 1 by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

Ryan

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

Great start on the Z< Mustang. I'll be following with heightened interest as I've built three of the Tamiya 'Stangs and have been eying the ZM kit.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

"Great start on the Z< Mustang. I'll be following with heightened interest as I've built three of the Tamiya 'Stangs and have been eying the ZM kit.

Keep 'em coming"

Thanks, I have never seen the Tamiya Mustang up close, need to add it to the stash!

Ryan

Very nice work! Is it just me though, or does the engine look a little undersized?

Kev

Hi Kevin and thanks all.

It looks ok to me, the oil tank is not in yet at the firewall. Maybe that's what's off?

Ryan

Evening builders,

Here are some shots of the wing and cockpit floor just taped together. Also note the radiator plumbing, each pipe end fits into the engine at certain coupling points....genius. The piping is very nice but I need to add the rubber hoses and connectors at each bend etc. since they are missing from the molding.

14872072559_009c9ae1d5_c.jpg

image by The 3rd Placer, on Flickr

14872212298_41bdbbbc45_c.jpg

15055755401_0fa3fc4a60_c.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Ryan

One of the last engine parts is the breather tubes up top. Like some other piping in the kit, it's in pieces. After cleaning up the parts they were loosely fitted into place while the glue set up to make sure I could hit the attachment points on the block and engine bearers. Credit to the ZM engineers it all fit just fine.

I hate working in black plastic....it looks so bad until it's painted!

15058708935_36511918a5_c.jpg

14872136238_ba97e176e2_c.jpg

15035772886_b9d199ba54_c.jpg

14872237527_6a47ec026a_c.jpg

Ryan

Guest Peterpools

Ryan

Nice progress on the Mustang. I'm finding very interesting comparing ZM's approach to the piping for the Merlin as compared to Tamiya's. Seems to be plus and minuses for each method.

Keep 'em coming

Peter