ghatherly

NEW! F-105 Canopy Frame Detail set for both Kits!!!

Thanks guys for the kind words of support.   I do plan on making a set for the Revell F-4 kits, I just don’t know when.   Right now the F-4B/N  and the “S†wing set is taking up most all of my time.  Perhaps after these are done I can work on them.

Gary

Hi Everyone,

Just and update as I know several of you are waiting on these.  I apologize for the prior announcement as the setts are not going to be released.    Production problems dealing with the quality of the clear parts is not what it needs to be, and I don’t see a quick solution to the problem.     More info later.

Gary

Bad news... What are exactly the problem? not enough clear? bubbles or stain in the material?

Your frame detail parts are very good looking, but as i really need to have this bad shape corrected on the kit's canopy, i will wait a bit more. Good luck, I hope you'll find a solution even if it is in one or 2 years !

The problem is the modern material that meets EPA guidelines.   The Manufacturers of the material are no longer allowed to use Mercury in the Resin, and for good reason,  But that makes the conditions of the process from start to finish almost a laboratory process.   Right now the time it takes to get acceptable clear parts, and the cost involved make it prohibitive when I have so many other projects to get done.   I am looking now at a Combo of VAC Form and with Resin frames, but that will be next year.

The frames were an idea to help your guys out in the mean time.

Will keep everyone posted,

Gary