ghatherly

NEW! F-105 Canopy Frame Detail set for both Kits!!!

Yes, but that's not the main issue, as it can be easily corrected with a slight sanding/polishing of the joint (some Tamiya canopies also have this joint, it is unavoidable with negative draft angles moulds). But the Trumpeter canopies and wind screens (for both D and s seaters) are above all totally messed up ! (the canopy section should make about 2/3 of a circle, and it is absolutely not this way on the trumpeter model)

F-105%20view%20of%20cockpit.JPG

F105-466th.jpg

Agree with regards the D Nicolas - The Trump parts are wrong regardless of any moulding flaws.

The G parts *should* be okay but have cold moulding lines that go *all the way through* the hoods. I can't polish them out on mine (at least) and they need replacing altogether. I think others have the same issues with the twin-seater. It was a common malaise, at least with the original ca.2003 releases.

Tony

Darren - the Trumpeter Lightning canopy needs a *lot* more than just cross-sectional curvature - and needs a new sill area as it's out in all dimensions/shapes.

The one I'm working on will be available as a canopy/sill area only for those that don't want to go the whole hog...

IMG_0815.jpg

Interested in these 105 sets!! :thumbsup:

Iain

G'day Iain,

Hope to see your canopy soon.

One thing Gary is good at is getting stuff out.

I think most lightning fans are aporeciative of everyones efforts but three years of talking and nobody has released anything for the Lightning.

Like most I am very aware of its numerous shortcomings but to me the biggest and clearly obvious issue is the lack of curve ie Omega shape.

It throws out the front end massively.

There are other issues but if a conopy was released which could reduce the visual impact if that in the way the CE set does so for the 105 it would make a massive difference.

I dont have the desire to spend a year building a perfect Lightning with many cuts and splices to cure problems i can live with.

I have plans to do three so a multi part spliced jigsaw puzzle of plastic and vacuum parts is of no interest from a time view point.

I understand many want a "perfect" Lightning but I count myself in the be happy with to me its biggest issue being tweaked if you know where I am coming from.

And I fear as people strive for a set to fix everything we will never see anything for anyone other than the best if intentions.

Really hope to see your canopy and count me in for 4-5 if you get it out.

Whoever gets it out first will be on a winner!

Edited by Darren Howie

Agree with regards the D Nicolas - The Trump parts are wrong regardless of any moulding flaws.

The G parts *should* be okay but have cold moulding lines that go *all the way through* the hoods. I can't polish them out on mine (at least) and they need replacing altogether. I think others have the same issues with the twin-seater. It was a common malaise, at least with the original ca.2003 releases.

Tony

Ok, "All the way through", you mean all the way throught the thickness of the hood? Indeed, that's an unsolvable issue....

Sorry i thought you were talking about a simple joint on the surface of the canopy.

Edited by Zero77

Tony

The F/G kit will come with replacement canopies for the front and the rear, so no worries.

Hey Marius,

On behalf of everyone here at GT Resin many thanks for the kind words of encouragement.   We appreciate your support and that of all of our present and future customers.

Gary

Hi everyone,

Introduction of the Canopy sets will not be this week.   It is taking longer than I scheduled to get the sets made.  

Thanks for your patience

Gary

Here you go!   These are the F-105 F/G set.   All of the framing is cast ingot he canopy, so the sets only come with 2/3 parts.   The “D†pictures will be up later this weeks.

The specs in the pictures are not in the clear resin but dirt on the Blue felt.

DSCN4239_zps120c9656.jpg

DSCN4242_zpsc6b2f6aa.jpg

DSCN4243_zps401d8834.jpg

DSCN4244_zps4f52edd7.jpg

DSCN4246_zps2da953a0.jpg

Hope you guys like these, and thanks for all of the encouragement.

Gary

Hi everyone,

I have released a canopy frame set for each of the Trumpeter kits.  This will allow you to economically detail you Thud using the stock canopies.   Hope you all enjoy these in the absence of the clear canopies until Material can be found or another solution presents itself.

F-105F/G Frame set

DSCN4399_zps3931063d.jpg

DSCN4401_zps8aec94f3.jpg

DSCN4415_zps8e3073ea.jpg[/

F-105D frame set. ( note,   the picture shows the front G canopy which is the same size as the “Dâ€.  )

DSCN4404_zps9c02727e.jpg

DSCN4406_zps76f89e1d.jpg

[url=http://s1048.photobucket.com/user/ghatherly/media/General%20resin%20Parts%20Photos/DSCN4412_zpsa0e8f18d.jpg.html]DSCN4412_zpsa0e8f18d.jpg[

The items are as usual listed on my E bay store, or can be purchased direct from me here.   

Hope you like these,