dustiepal

F-105 Burner cans

Hi Gary, have you put any thought into making the burner cans for the Trumpeter F-105 kits. The ones in the kit are horrible and the seams in them are almost impossible to clean up. Your products look great and I look forward to ordering some phantom sets soon. Also have you thought about doing an F-4 B/N conversion.

Thanks for your time.

Dave Petriw

Hi Gary, have you put any thought into making the burner cans for the Trumpeter F-105 kits. The ones in the kit are horrible and the seams in them are almost impossible to clean up. Your products look great and I look forward to ordering some phantom sets soon. Also have you thought about doing an F-4 B/N conversion.

Thanks for your time.

Dave Petriw

Hey Dave, 

Thanks for posting and for your questions.

We are currently working on the F-4B conversion set for the Tamiya F-4J kit, and it is scheduled for a November release.   We are also working on  a RF-4C conversion of the Tamiya F-4C/D kit,  and a RF-4E conversion for the Tamiya F-4E kit, but this is a big project.  I was originally hoping for  fall  belease but that time frame is going to be pushed back into 2015.   We do have some other neat stuff in the works for the Phantom,  and some accessories for it and the F-15’s in the coming months including a RF-4 cockpit for the Revell kit.

As for the thud,   yes I have considered it, and a full intake as well.  My concern is that I don’t hear much complaining about not having these items from the thud builders to justify the development costs.   I would do it if enough people were interested in those items, as they do nee help and would really make an improvement.   I would need at least 15-20 orders/firm commitments to bring these to market.    Would love to do them for sure!

Thanks for asking and you support,

Gary

Hi Gary,

Sir you are one Busy LiL' Bee !!!

I have talked to a friend on here about doing intakes for the 105, and last I knew he was engineering them to be Vac/formed due to the shape

and size.  I'll see if I can contact him for an update.

Thanks

Jack

Hi Gary; I would definitely buy two sets of the F-105 Burner cans and the F-4B conversion would also be high on my list!

Thanks for your reply,

Dave Petriw

Hey Gary, can you provide a link to your Ebay store so we can see what's all available and new? Maybe in your profile.Thanks.

Chuck

http://stores.ebay.com/center762?_rdc=1

Here you go Chuck.    IT is also listed on the product living and price sheet, which is the first thread on the forum here.   I only have the GT Resin offerings listed here, and not the plastic stuff or other items that are for sale in the store.   I encourage you, or anyone interested to subscribe to our E bay  store.  That way you can get an email when new items are added, or updates made to the existing listings.

Hope this helps

Started work on the F-105 Burner cans.   I will be making these in the down time windows I have working on other projects.   Hope to have them ready in a couple of weeks.   What it will be is a one part Afterburner that will plug into the rear of the kit engine, so you can use the kit mount int he jet.  I am going to try and make it with the outside detail, so it can be used for an engine displayed by itself.

Keep checking in for updates.

Gary