Shenyang J-6 Calling this one DONE 9/24

Harv, Martin,   Thank You Gentlemen

No need looking for decals at this point cause if I can't save them I'm packing it up and making it a Pakistani AF later

I may be all-right though, I slathered them in Micro-Sol and mashed them with a wet towel and I only screwed up 1 of them as of now.

Never had decals react to Future before and it was only the Hobbycraft National markings  not the Trumpy numbers on the nose.

Still not happy cause it ruins any chance at a contest placer,   Oh WELL!

Hope the Micro-Scale Satin don't react to the decals

Thanks Again Fella's I appreciate the offer

Jack

I wouldn't worry bout the national markings Jack..you can do what Mark31 did and lightly sand them and they will look VERY realistic. Or you can leave them and say Mr Thran the communist lacky sign painter was having a bad day. Either way they look fine dude.  :punk:

Great job!

Paul

I like it Jack ! Looks real good.....Harv  :popcorn:

Thanks Harv and Thanks for the offer of looking for decals, I really appreciate that ......jack

I wouldn't worry bout the national markings Jack..you can do what Mark31 did and lightly sand them and they will look VERY realistic. Or you can leave them and say Mr Thran the communist lacky sign painter was having a bad day. Either way they look fine dude.  :punk:

Great job!

Paul

Thanks Paul, Think I'll blame it on Mr. Thran as I'm not going to chance anything more on them..............jack

Just as Paul is saying above a light sanding and it  should be just fine.

Thanks Martin, I'm going to well enough ALONE if you know what I mean.    No sense tempting Professor FATE !  Thanks for the decal offer, I really appreciate it......jack

If you did not say there was a problem with the decal, I would not have see it !

Thanks Loic,      We put details in our builds that can't be seen but we know are in there and are happy.

This is kind of reverse of that. :crying:

But a New Day Brings New Sunshine! :)  :)

" Improvise, Adapt, IGNORE !

jack

We put details in our builds that can't be seen but we know are in there and are happy.

This is kind of reverse of that.  :crying:

But a New Day Brings New Sunshine!  :)   :)

" Improvise, Adapt, IGNORE !

jack

That's right Jack!!

I know what you mean, I had the same thing happen to my decals on my MIG! I was so upset and was freaking out! :frantic:  They were just falling apart for some

reason. They just didn't have enough stick on the back side (bad decals).... But Paul instructed me how to save them.  I thought I was going to loose them all BUT!!!!

There are many options my friend so don't give up and you are doing a Fantastic JOB!! Honestly!  And just look at all of the great guys that stepped up immediately to help

you out! That's what I'm talkin about!  :clap2: 

Looking forward to more my friend!!  :punk:  Your are almost there!!!!  :yahoo:

Teresa  :)  :coolio:

Thats why the AM folks offer decal solutions (softener, glue and else) as well as decal sets. Or masks, if you prefer to paint the markings on.

BTW, I remember that the nationality markings at our real tanks were decals too (stickers, to be correct). Numbers and instructions were stencilled/painted on.

- dutik

Hey - dutik,

I have Micro- Set & Sol,  but the problem started with the Future over-coat the made the HobbyCraft decals WRINKLE!.

Heavy doses of Micro-Sol and a wet coffee filter and got all of them back down but one.

Never had a reaction to Future before.

Decided to use the"Helmet Head" as it would be correct for the J-6 and got him glued up and primered

Pics Soon

jack

Got some paint on my pilot,  I can't believe how busy you came be looking for work and trying to sell a car.

The visor had a spot in it and I had to "SKRUNCH" this poor guy together to get him in the seat and in the cockpit.

And one hand looks like MICKEY MOUSE HAND but that's the way it goes and looks alright in the pitIMG_1743.jpgIMG_1744.jpgIMG_1745.jpgIMG_1746.jpgIMG_1748.jpgIMG_1750.jpgIMG_1751.jpg