Shenyang J-6 Calling this one DONE 9/24

Dang Andre,   You gave away my secret............" DON'T YOU DARE LAUGH" :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl: 

I LIKE YOUR STYLE  Sir!

What's the 2 HAWK kits in the backround?   LOVE THOSE 

jack

Man you have good eyes! Those are Ryan PT-20, wanted to build them, but then I got my hands on the beatiful ones made by Paul Fisher. They are absolutely marvelous!

Edited by dora9

Hey Andre

Sorry for slow response, When I See HAWK, AURORA, MONOGRAM,   I PERK -UP

Love the OLD kits and love that the Renwal KITS are being redone. I cut my Modeling Teeth on these....Oh and  Lindberg too

I actually built Tamiya Fujimi, Hasegawa, in the mid 1960's when we were stationed on Guam

You didn't find those kits in the US for another 6-8 years.

Thanks

Jack

Teresa,

Yes colored coded tape works great ....................................if you have the De-coder Ring !

Glad ya'll are feeling better

Thanks for checking in.......I'm going to do an Update as I've fallin' a little behind

jack

Hey Gang,

Well had hoped that I would have this thing together and ready for paint,    but Apon Further Review,   she needed some filling and touchup

Filled some areas on the spine, vertical tail, ventral strake, nose gear doors, top of the nose..The worst fitting part of this build is the wing cannon

and blending it into the leading edge. I would seriously consider cutting the cannon off and attaching them to the leading edge.

Most of the thin line white filler you see is Vallejo Masilla Plastica has an almost needle length applicator and blend in with cotton swab and mineral spirits.

Thanks for that tip   John B

IMG_1604.jpgIMG_1612.jpgIMG_1609.jpgIMG_1607.jpgIMG_1607.jpgIMG_1611.jpgIMG_1617.jpg

Edited by marauderdriver

Thanks Harv,

Well I had to remove my F-112G from it's stand in-order to put my J-6 on it  after it sprouted wings !

I haven't got this far with a build since March.    After some filling around the wings she will go to paint and then the FUN will start.

Not sure HOW dirty I'm going to get cause they look fairly clean in the few photos from when they were active.

Phantom drivers beware of the "FARMER" :evil_laugh: IMG_1615.jpgIMG_1616.jpgIMG_1623.jpgIMG_1633.jpgIMG_1628.jpgIMG_1625.jpgIMG_1630.jpgIMG_1635.jpg

SEA colours does't suit well the TSR-2. Naval colours would be fine. Just saying...

The Mig looks quite right like a Mig. A deadly tool in the right hands and able to do its job at any remote area of this world.

Regards

- dutik

p.s. Will put our "little friends" in action next week. At an area just as remote as Uncle Hos backyard. Just to doble the trouble :whistle:

SEA colours does't suit well the TSR-2. Naval colours would be fine. Just saying...

The Mig looks quite right like a Mig. A deadly tool in the right hands and able to do its job at any remote area of this world.

Regards

- dutik

p.s. Will put our "little friends" in action next week. At an area just as remote as Uncle Hos backyard. Just to doble the trouble :whistle:

I kinda like the SEA camo,    

The Chinese have always been good at copying stuff and did a good job on the J-6. And the more I've read the more I think  this would be a FUN a/c to fly.

Thanks for looking in          jack

p.s.s. Good luck to our little friends

Commie drill. Trust me, after-mission maintenace AND cleaning was a must-have, regardless how your day went.

- dutik

I'm not surprised as that seems to be normal everywhere. Thanks for the insigh- dutik   and I'll try to keep it dirty-clean 

Looking great!!  I see your dilema with weathering, pics i've seen show clean well maintained aircraft or derelict relics. Used but not abused would look good, gotta have some character to the finish.

Don

Hi Don,    I think that is the look I'm shooting for     Dirty-clean      Thanks for checking in                       jack

Looks Great Jack!   But, Post 68' USN Phantom drivers needn't worry to much.. :)  A-6 and A-7 Drivers maybe!  :)

Paul 

Then why were all victim's of the J-6 Phantoms?       I guess the Navy was lucky to not have had many encounters with the J-6

jack 

Thanks Don and Martin,

I think I'm looking for almost Flat Oxidized Aluminum, but not grimy like the ones in the Museums in Vietnam 

Not Quite Flat but with some dark metal shade that I can't replicate in words but maybe in the process

Hang on, cause this could be a WILD RIDE as I don't weather the same way twice

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS!    POWER TO THE WORKER!

I just want it to look COOL

jack