Sign in to follow this  
ghatherly

NEW!!! F-15 Exhaust W/ Turkey Feathers 10-18-14

Just a separation of form the old thread, as I updated the F-16 product based on your feedback and requests.

Please see below for pictures of the new detailed set.

Thanks,  Gary

GT Resin Products

Hi Gary,

Nice to see someone else offering the turkey feathered exhaust nozzles.

It looks from the images on my monitor that you have modelled stepped rings on the "donut" portion in a similar way to those on the Tamiya F-15s when the real deal is a smoother transition.

also, the inside of the feathers appear to have an angled region toward the tip when the actual feathers are flat.

F-15_102ndFW_BBB_7788.jpg

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/mark_hayward/f-15a/images/f-15a_11_of_17.jpg

Any reason for that? :hmmm:

Edited by geedubelyer

Hi Gary,

Nice to see someone else offering the turkey feathered exhaust nozzles.

It looks from the images on my monitor that you have modelled stepped rings on the "donut" portion in a similar way to those on the Tamiya F-15s when the real deal is a smoother transition.

also, the inside of the feathers appear to have an angled region toward the tip when the actual feathers are flat.

F-15_102ndFW_BBB_7788.jpg

http://data3.primeportal.net/hangar/mark_hayward/f-15a/images/f-15a_11_of_17.jpg

Any reason for that? :hmmm:

I have modeled step rings on the bases, just like the Tamiya stock part.  You have posted on my F-15 builds and seen on the metal exhausts I build, so you know I am familiar with your input and you are correct, these are in reality  very smooth .   IF you are  suggesting that I make them smooth I did consider that, but if I do that, then I ask myself, “ How do I mark the demarcation lines?  As the lines are not scribed but just discoloring in the welded metal rings, what are the possibilities?

As for the inside, you are also correct.   You also know the real peddles are very thin and impossible to reproduce in plastic or resin.  They are tapered to give a thin trailing edge which is why they are angled.  It is also the reason I spend months building my personal exhausts in metal.    

So, When I finally made the decisions on which way to go, I opted to stick with the kit details, as it is easier to sand off the steps than to fill scribed lines in soft resin.  As for the peddles, it is what it is due to the materials involved.

One thing I have in the works  a Photo Etched kit of the Segmented Trim ring, The Ring we are discussing, and the Turkey Feathers, but it is a few months off.   These will fit over our correct length exhaust cans and give a really realistic look, or they can be used with the Flight Path set.

I appreciate your input and questions, and hope I have answered them to your satisfaction.   What are you building now?   I have not seen anything form you, I miss watching your work.

Have a great day, Gary

I appreciate your input and questions, and hope I have answered them to your satisfaction.

Hi Gary, thanks for answering my questions so quickly.

One thing I have in the works  a Photo Etched kit of the Segmented Trim ring, The Ring we are discussing, and the Turkey Feathers, but it is a few months off.   These will fit over our correct length exhaust cans and give a really realistic look, or they can be used with the Flight Path set.

I appreciate your input and questions, and hope I have answered them to your satisfaction. 

Have a great day, Gary

I like the idea of the photo-etch, particularly the feathers. That should give a superbly realistic look.

At the moment I am in the middle of a busy phase at work so modelling time is in short supply but I'll get back to it when things calm down.

Keep up the great work,

Cheers,

Guy

I like the idea of the hybrid resin and metal jet cans. Would be nice on an F-16. I'm planning a Block 32 F100 P&WA and Block 40 GE 110 duo. Zactomodels' new inlets plus Aries wheeliants are making the Academy kits very doable, but the nozzles could do with a leg up in quality.

The F-15C/J mostly needs the different JFS vent. Is that still in the works Gary ?

Tony

Thanks guys for the kind words of support.

The metal JFS is on the todo list, but not until the Eagle PE set comes out, and I am trying to best organize the sets for the most utility.   Example,  like having the TF's and ring as one set, that way they could be used on any PW jet, 15 or 16.   However, since all but a few builds have no TF's, then that should be separate form the Ring/TF's.   Then there is the question of one large set with all of the vents and grills done in PE fret; or make one fret with the engine trim, JFS, and some re-enforcing plates and a second with the Bypass and other fuselage vents.     While planned these are a ways off.    

In the man time we have a resin F-16 exhaust for the Academy kit that is just what you are looking for.

Hope this helps and thanks again guys for your support,

Gary

As requested, we are please to introduce for the first time correctly detailed inside and out F-15 Pratt Whitney exhaust set.  Now the detail of our F-16 exhaust is available for the F-15 Eagle, along with one piece after burner tubes.  Remember, if you are building a F-15I with the 229 engines, you will need our MSOG intakes also.  Much work and effort went int his set, so hope you all enjoy it.

DSCN4325_zpsff027894.jpg

DSCN4328_zps1b123e0c.jpg

DSCN4331_zps2f8ae950.jpg

DSCN4350_zps5d8e53f8.jpg

DSCN4464_zps51e6e539.jpg

Here is a cut out of the nozzles showing the intricate inside details.

DSCN4454_zpsb0026913.jpg

Also included with the set, but I for got to take pictures are asset of correct PW 100/220 and PW229 fan faces of the intake side.   The kit exhausts fans and flame holders are to be used and not supplied.

Thanks, Gary

Hi Gary, thanks for answering my questions so quickly.

I like the idea of the photo-etch, particularly the feathers. That should give a superbly realistic look.

At the moment I am in the middle of a busy phase at work so modelling time is in short supply but I'll get back to it when things calm down.

Keep up the great work,

Cheers,

Guy

Per your request!   How are things?

Those look superb Gary, great stuff. It could be my imagination but these look vastly improved over the previous version. the doughnut attachment ring has the correct profile now from what I can see and the petals are beautifully thin.

Excellent work buddy.

Per your request!   How are things?

Not bad thanks for asking. The season is winding down and I'm hoping I'll get time at the bench for larger projects this winter.

Keep up the good work.

cheers

Hey Guys, thanks for the kind words.   These were a lot of work, so I hope you all like them and buy them.   Compared to the original nozzle where everything is solid and basic, these have the details of the real thing.   I am sure others can do better, but I can only make a better exhaust if I use metal like on my Eagle builds.   I like these and the base ones so all, I may just save the three 80 hour weeks it takes to make the PE metal ones I have made.   I can build more F-15's that way!

thanks for all of your support and business, in the past and going forward.  Please feel free to spread the word about us on other forums that you may participate in.

Many thanks,

Gary 

Are those exhausts two pieces each?  Otherwise, that undercut is fantabulous.  Your casting is superb.

What is: MSOG, JFS

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Are those exhausts two pieces each?  Otherwise, that undercut is fantabulous.  Your casting is superb.

What is: MSOG, JFS

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Mark

Hey Mark, 

Thanks for the kind comments.   The exhausts are 1  piece castings.  As I mentioned above, this new family of PW exhausts took much work and effort, and we think the result shows.   I am particularly proud of these being an F-15 nut, and my goal is to make the best set out there.

These are MSOG intake vents, and are used on the PW 229 and GE engined Eagles.

DSCN4440_zpsffbbcd56.jpg

Many thanks, Gary.

Where to buy?

You can buy direct, you just need a Pay Pal account or if in the US I take postal Money orders.   IF you look at the first thread in our GT Resin Forum,   there is a complete price list and order instructions.   Just PM me with the order, PP email address, and your address and a phone if possible and I will invoice you and take care of things.   Or, you can order on E bay from our store and pay 10% more.

Clear as mud right?   Every item listed on the price list is also in one of the forum threads.

Thanks, Gary