Sopwith Pup RNAS WnW 1/32

Combi

If that finish is a testament for AK paints and weathering effects, they've gotta be worth a look.  I know a bit of skill has been involved too :) but one can dream!!  A supreme model down to the smallest detail. 

Max

This is one of the best examples of weathering I have ever seen on a ww1 aircraft. You have captured everything perfectly and it's everything I imagine about the real conditions they fought in. I'd love to capture this look with my 1/4 scale rc pup. Well Done!

Thanks to all for your kind words  :)

Very very nice.  Can I ask how you got the spattered effect on the underside centre-section staining?

It´s very easy, just use a plain brush and your finger, it´s the same technic used in military vehicles.

First make some test to choose the correct dilution and distance of application for the effect you want to paint:

- More diluted: soft and "big" splashes.

- Less diluted: hard edged and small splashes.

- More distance: bigger and more spaced blotches.

- Less distance: smaller and more concentrated splashes.

The brush is important too, so take your time making tests and choose the one you like.

Always painted with AK products or enamel paints as you can correct it during a long time.

Thanks.  The obvious solution, so obvious I didn't think of it :doh:   Just goes to show we can all re-learn basic techniques sometimes, and in this case I know more about how to do than I did before.

• 4 weeks later...