Trumpeter G-10 photos

Hardcore

Indeed, the Erla one was more streamlined on the port side. Keep in mind the G10 was theoretically an "interim" type produced while the K4 was waited. However, as this is often the case (think Spit mk.IX as well), the interim type was finally far more common! Last, 1944 was also the period of will to increase as much as possible the production even if this implied differences between factories. This added to the will to recycle old airframes resulted in the multiple G10 subtypes.

Hello,

The thing about the enginebearers been fiction  dont know about that .

what is this

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/walkaround/151591/151591-engine.jpg

Cheers

Boris

The engine bearers are attached too low on the firewall and that affects their shape, which may appear to be correct but it is not.

Hth

Radu

Yeah, that's the point, It looks like I am building banana, caused by the asymmetry of the cowling. I will  open a new build topic dedicated to the Revell's 109.At some point :)

Cheers

M.

Edited by Martinnfb

Hi Martin

Your conversion looks very nice...I'm curious how good is the fit of the Hasegawa cowling section to Revells fuselage?, have you taken the whole power egg, whole front section, from the rear of the engine cowling or? I have been trying to design the "hinged" upper cowling section in cad, adapted to the Revell G6 kit as a start on a G6/AS-G14/ AS conversion, but's tricky to get the exact shape, probably I have to do the final tuning by hand. :-)

Keep up the good work and please show more ;-)

Regards/ Gunnar

Hello,

The thing about the enginebearers been fiction dont know about that .

what is this

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/walkaround/151591/151591-engine.jpg

Cheers

Boris

Take a look at the right side engine bearer its not curved like the port side.

http://109lair.hobbyvista.com/index800.htm

As Radu said the mount is to low on the firewall on all the Trump 109 kits. This means they all slope up not down so if you want an accurate engine setup you need aftermarket.

The Eduard engine is correctly sized with good bearers as is Aires.

If you build it closed up it matters little as it is if the geometry being out and the engine well undersize.

It will still look busy just as the real one just depends on how seriously you take your 109's.

Edited by Darren Howie

Hello,

I know that they are different on left and right side, the question was if the curved shape was wrong on the bearers.

So Yes and No one is right the other is not   :rolleyes:

Cheers

Boris

Edited by BGB

Great idea Rog. If you can snap a picture of HW. and TRP. kits side by side, that would be great . The difference will stand up more than thousand words.

I am no expert by any means, just like the type, trying to help to explain the difference. Asymmetrical cowling on G10s, AS's and K4s it's a main feature, something like a proper gull-wing shape center section on Spitfire.

Anyways, I should shut up now and finally finish one of mine 1-O-ninens :)

Cheers

Martin

Here is a picture of 24th scale K4, from the last IPMS Seattle show. Owner build it out of the box, we can expect similar result from G10 in 32nd scale.

100_9142.jpg

I  MUST say that has to be one of the Best model show photos I have ever taken!    :rolleyes:

Here's another one that shows the nose which might fit this thread better...

100_9141.jpg

I didn't write down who the builder was, but she looks sweet to me. 

This Trumpy G-10 looks quite good and i will go for it, at least to try.

However, i also need a F-4. I intented to buy a Hasegawa, but looking at those pictures makes me hesistate, now (especially as they are cheaper than hasegawa).

Does anybody know if the Trumpy F-4 is as good as the G-10?