seiran01

Horten hears a Deere - Ho229 back from the dead!

Such a great job Mike. Next to Radu's in the Concept Note book, I've seen no other build come even close to this. Just great!

Edited by JamesHatch

I haven't dropped by my thread since my last post and I have to say wow, thank you everyone for the compliments, I'm flattered and it really means a lot! 

I haven't touched the kit in a few weeks as I've been doing my quick-build of the HK do335 kit.  Am still plotting how I want to finish this one off and I just cannot settle on a direction.  The only thing I do know for certain is that I want to do something a little different than the "standard" RLM scheme the plane is usually depicted in.  I've not completely ruled out the red bull scheme even though I will admit that it was originally done up as a joke. Uschi's new wood grain finish was a contender but I probably won't go that route on the exterior. I'll consider any suggestions you all want to throw my way! :hmmm: :)

Cheers

Mike

I haven't touched the kit in a few weeks as I've been doing my quick-build of the HK do335 kit.  Am still plotting how I want to finish this one off and I just cannot settle on a direction.

I've been thinking about what I want do to with my ZM Shinden kit; I remember in the preview images of the ZM notes book on the Shinden that it had some 'fantasy' variations, like a bare-metal USAAF version, and it reminded me of the U-234 having carried a crated-up Me-262 on its abortive voyage to Japan. It gave me the idea for a 'what-if' build for a technology exchange the other way -- a diorama with the Shinden painted in late-war Luftwaffe camouflage and markings, with a ground crew and a reviewing group of Nazi bigwigs observing.

It's been what, nearly 18 months? The Horten lives again! Gave her a quick topcoat of mr color rlm82 after masking an area on the wing with tamiya curve tape and liquid mask. Looks an awful lot like John Deere green to me, does anyone make bright yellow "Nichts fliegt wie ein Deere" decals? :rofl: In all seriousness though, I'm thinking to paint up the exhaust shields, add the gear doors and remaining air brakes, and call it done. 

... and this is my workbench looking somewhat organized, also... :blush:

82C486DD-F654-4173-803F-DF9259AD557C_zps

Looking good, Mike.  A lot further along than mine.  I completed one engine and then got sidetracked by an AT-6 and then got sidetracked by a T-28 and then decided I should finish a WNW DH-9A before starting any new projects...talk about attention deficit.

On 3/30/2017 at 1:57 PM, seiran01 said:

Yes but not the kind you want to hear...  i decided a little forceful disassembly would really make the thing look good in my trash can last Summer...  :innocent:

Don't you think you should change your topic's title to something like "...now dead for sure!":rolleyes:

Bummer to read about your Horton's demise! I can't imagine what would have frustrated you to the point of destroying it, but I really enjoyed reading about the project.