Horten hears a Deere - Ho229 back from the dead!

seiran01

• 1 year later...

It's been what, nearly 18 months? The Horten lives again! Gave her a quick topcoat of mr color rlm82 after masking an area on the wing with tamiya curve tape and liquid mask. Looks an awful lot like John Deere green to me, does anyone make bright yellow "Nichts fliegt wie ein Deere" decals? :rofl: In all seriousness though, I'm thinking to paint up the exhaust shields, add the gear doors and remaining air brakes, and call it done. 

... and this is my workbench looking somewhat organized, also... :blush:

82C486DD-F654-4173-803F-DF9259AD557C_zps

Looking good, Mike.  A lot further along than mine.  I completed one engine and then got sidetracked by an AT-6 and then got sidetracked by a T-28 and then decided I should finish a WNW DH-9A before starting any new projects...talk about attention deficit.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 3/30/2017 at 1:57 PM, seiran01 said:

Yes but not the kind you want to hear...  i decided a little forceful disassembly would really make the thing look good in my trash can last Summer...  :innocent:

Don't you think you should change your topic's title to something like "...now dead for sure!":rolleyes:

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

bummer to read you never finished this build.  It is on my wishlisht and will be the 2nd or 3rd of the LSPs I am planning. I got enamoured by the wya ZM have designed this kit, allowing for the type of cutaways you mentioned, so by the time I start I will have a clear idea of where I want to end.  Will start my own build log when the time comes.