Revell Mossie Re-release

LSP_Ron

Will skip on the Revell now that we are sure of the HK Models Mossie, but it's curious that they are kicking off with a bomber version.

As I most likely have to stick to just two of the releases, I will only get the bomber if it comes with camera apertures etc for a PR blue recce option.

My own preferences are for an FB.VI and bull nosed Hatfield NF.XIX or Leavesden NF.30.

The HKM deserves to do well any which way. Revell will no doubt do okay.

Tony

With the HK Mossie coming, I think Revell is having a 'last gasp' on this old tooling before it becomes totally obsolescent in the marketplace. 

Hence the re-issue of the kit at this time, probably the same for the Beaufighter too?

I've bought one 'for old time sake' to go into my collection, it's quite possible this might be the last time we see it for some considerable time..... if ever!

Say what you will, there's probably a lot of nostalgia for these old timers, I bet they've sold well even now!!

Happy days. :popcorn:

Saw a nice build in a recent Tamiya Magazine. A 1/48 Mossie was done the schizophrenic way. One side showing the bare wooden/ metal construction. The other side was done as a camouflaged example with invasion stripes. It looked absolutely fantastic. Now that would make a nice 1/32 project using the Revell kit and Grey Natter fighter nose conversion. I might be tempted.

Cees

Really? Have you seen it yet? Have you seen the price?

Seriously? You have to doubt that an HK kit is going to be super detailed to the ninth degree inside and out and be priced less than 3 figures? Name one kit in 1/32 they have done that is not. That's why I said "going to be", not "is".

Please don't confuse my first post with bashing them. They put out a fantastic product. I'm just the hobbiest that builds for exterior show that gets put on a shelf to collect dust. The old school Revell kit fits my style of building much better.

I do have the HK Sandy. One day when my ADHD slows down, I'll start on it!

If the recent HK Meteor is anything to go by don't count on any real detail.

Interesting. I'm basing my judgement off the one HK kit I currently have. I take it the Meteor is lacking in detail?

EDIT: OK, this is my time to eat a little crow pie! I just looked up the Meteor and see that they do have kits with street prices below 3 figures. I never really was interested in the Meteor, so I never followed it.

So, now do I go ahead and grab a Revell? Or wait and see how the HK offering is?

Edited by ScottsGT

Seriously? You have to doubt that an HK kit is going to be super detailed to the ninth degree inside and out and be priced less than 3 figures? Name one kit in 1/32 they have done that is not. That's why I said "going to be", not "is".

Please don't confuse my first post with bashing them. They put out a fantastic product. I'm just the hobbiest that builds for exterior show that gets put on a shelf to collect dust. The old school Revell kit fits my style of building much better.

I do have the HK Sandy. One day when my ADHD slows down, I'll start on it!

Interesting. I'm basing my judgement off the one HK kit I currently have. I take it the Meteor is lacking in detail?

EDIT: OK, this is my time to eat a little crow pie! I just looked up the Meteor and see that they do have kits with street prices below 3 figures. I never really was interested in the Meteor, so I never followed it.

So, now do I go ahead and grab a Revell? Or wait and see how the HK offering is?

I think you are confusing HK models (B-25; B-17; Meteor) with ZM (Zoukie Maru) which have the full detailed structure and is likely the "Sandy" kit you have (unless it is the Trumpter one).  

Edited by DougN

. I'm just the hobbiest that builds for exterior show that gets put on a shelf to collect dust. The old school Revell kit fits my style of building much better.

i think there is some merit to that!!

I think you are confusing HK models (B-25; B-17; Meteor) with ZM (Zoukie Maru) which have the full detailed structure and is likely the "Sandy" kit you have (unless it is the Trumpter one).

Derp.......