Revell 1/32 BF-109G-10 Erla

Uncarina

Nice build !

Actually, i am now doing the same thing, building a fast an easy kit to have a break between major builds, and i'm building the revell G6. Those revell 109 kits are great ! I was also very happilly suprised by the detail rate and fit.

Thanks! Yes, for the price and the subject, I'm looking forward to building more!

Cheers,  Tom

Guest Peterpools

Tom

Terrific progress on the 109 and one good looking front office for sure. Barracuda's resin upgrade parts look awesome and are a super plus to the 109 looks.

Keep 'em coming

Peter

Could you provide some advice? For "Green 7" and perhaps the other G-10 Erlas, what is the color of:

-the landing gear struts

-the inside of the gear doors

-the wheel wells?

For example, are the struts RLM 02 or 66? I understand some may be red but it doesn't appear to be for this particular a/c.

Thanks! Tom

Edited by Uncarina

Mal,

Thanks, me too! I plan to add a Mr Surfacer 1200 primer coat soon, and take off from there! Thanks for checking in.

Cheers,  Tom

ive been looking at Surfacer for a long time (i prime with wallejo).....

im going to follow your progress closely now....as i understand it is great primer and to sand on to to get it real smooth and it fills gaps nicely...., never tried it before, ive seen many use it....

Boris, Mal, John,

Thanks for looking in on my build! I have a micro update, entitled "be not proud". The plate at the back of the cockpit that mounts at an angle to the fuselage stands proud when attached when it should be flush. I like the detail of the Revell part, so I just sanded it from the rear until it fit. This is a five minute fix that gets the job done, especially if you mount the canopy closed. If you leave it open, you just need to fill the seam at the outline:

IMG_0537_zpsf810f4d2.jpg

IMG_0538_zps00cfee0e.jpg

Hope this helps!

Cheers,  Tom

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since my last post--busy! However, I have a bit of a big update. I've painted everything but the canopy and final finish coats. All colors are either Tamiya or Testors Acrylic, and the overall camo is a blend of Tamiya to match a green RLM-81, with some slight variations to create a little contrast. I'm planning to increase this with tints and washes. Hope you like it!

Cheers,  Tom

IMG_0543_zps1a0085db.jpg

IMG_0547_zps701550b0.jpg

IMG_0550_zpsee33d298.jpg

IMG_0553_zps60a0cd2e.jpg