Aircraft detailing parts, a quick heads-up.

geedubelyer

Hello all,

Here's a quick link to a potentially useful resource for those of us who like to add a little extra detail to our cockpits or wheel bays etc.

Squadron have released a set of resin hose and pipe connectors through their True Details brand.

http://www.squadron.com/1-48-True-Details-Couplings-Connectors-p/td48557.htm

Although they are reported to be 1/48th scale on inspection they will be more than adequate for 1/32nd.

The pack contains six runs of connectors giving 132 pieces in all.

My set appears well molded and crisp. I hope this info is useful to some.

Cheers.

Edited by geedubelyer

That's awesome! Squadron's standard shipping to Australia is ridiculously expensive though (of the we don't want your business variety). Perhaps I'll have to call upon a fellow member in the US to help out when the time comes.

Kev

wow - I really like these as I have paid some stupid prices for turned metal ones in the model car world.. it's a niche (granted a small one) that really needs filling IMHO

went to order 3 sets - $20 bucks - thought... ok you got me, I'll take it..

I entered shipping that I am in the UK and the deal is now $75!

..now I may make bad decisions on the internet late at night, but even I am not that stupid / desperate..

anyone stock this stuff in Europe?

Peter, I reckon the way to go might be to have a member in the US who is willing to help out, and get them to send you some sets. I don't mean for free obviously! But it should cost a lot less to ship that way.

Kev

Hi, would you be able to take photos?  The one on their site doesn't help much to know which connectors they are offering.

Regards,

As requested.

tn_Truedetailsresinconnectors_zps709e750

The resin is packaged in cardboard and plastic with pour stubs that protect the raised elements.

Six identical rows of connectors on one base plate.

tn_Truedetailsresinconnectors1_zps2e1f16

A closer look. These obviously appear much larger than 1:1 on a computer monitor.

tn_Truedetailsresinconnectors3_zpsce7d8e

It's not clear whether these are genuine reproductions of actual connectors etc, or simple generic designs.

HTH

It seems that they also exist in 1/32, available at Hannants for £4.99 :

http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/TD32519

Nice and cheap !

The ends seem to be hollow (at least on one side), that would makes them a lot easier to glue any wire in them.

Nice find Nicholas! At least with Hannants I'm in with a chance of being able to afford the shipping.

Kev

But be careful of the scale. HTH sais that the 1/48 is ok for the 1/32, so the 1/32 may be overscaled? I cant say....

We definitely need a comparison picture with a known size object beside ! :)

This is true Nicholas. I'll attempt to take a photo of the resin next to a ruler for a size comparison.

It will depend on the size of the real item of course but some of those 1/32nd scale fittings would be huge in 1:1 scale :wacko:

The use of these components will come down to personal preference in the same way that some modellers choose to use 1/48th scale GasPatch turnbuckles on their 1/32nd scale projects.