Cessna O-2 FAC

N312RB

I have always admired the guts that it took to fly a slow moving Cessna into the face of hell during the Vietnam war.  The mission these guys completed is far too important to keep in the history books.  We have plenty of fast movers in this GB so a FAC will be a different bird all together

The 'DON'T SHOOT' lettering on top of the wings shows just how low these missions were completed and I hope to do justice and respect to these brave men.

Cessna_02-A_Bird_Dog.jpg

My GB record to date is dismal, but now that my life is on the mend, hopefully this will change that.

I plan on using a paper kit (http://www.ecardmodels.com/index.php/1-24-cessna-o-2-skymaster-usaf-paper-model.html) and converting it to plastic.

Edited by N312RB

YES YES YES YES!!!!!!   We have a Civilian Owned 02 ( not a 337 painted like one) up at one of our local airports and I REALLY love the push me pull you! What a great project!   Please feel free to ask for parts on your post of you need anything, most of us have HUGE spare parts bins and will be happy to help  :)

Welcome! and I'll add you and your project to the Who's building what in the group build list.

Paul 

Edited by av8shunmodels

Fantastic (and :speak_cool:).

If I ever finish my 0-1 Dawg, one of these is my follow on model (well, it'd be rude not to!). I shall look forward to watching this one develop.

I am short on 0-2/Cessna 337 Skymaster reference, so could you and Paul maybe help me out a little when the time comes?

Good luck from the other slow FAC guy

Derek

Edited by Derek B

Got some shapes cut tonight.  

Does anyone know if the 337 and the 210 have the same gear system/structure?  If so, I have a 210 on the ramp I can use for reference

Have you  looked on the Cessna Website?  I can take pics of the real O2 but I dont  know how soon i can get up to Albany next week..

Paul 

Having flown the push & pull I will say go for it. Its a great aircraft and it will be totally cool to see one in our scale. Plus, you are right about all those pilots flying it in a War...they sure had some huge cojones flying this in front of all the action.

Guest Clunkmeister

Awesome! I always loved the huff n'puff Lame Duck and it's about time one was represented here. This was a very important airplane in Vietnam, and I'm psyched someone's building one!

Now we need a scratch built C-7 Boo!

Edited by Clunkmeister

• 2 months later...