Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IIa kit - Built as a 54 Sqn Spitfire Mk.Ia.

Derek B

There is a whole lot more to come yet Kev! (You may want to collate the useful bits for future LSP reference at some point when I am done if you so wish?).

Derek

I'm afraid I won't have anything like the time required to do such a thing Derek, but if you're prepared to put an article together, I'm prepared to publish it!

Kev

I'm afraid I won't have anything like the time required to do such a thing Derek, but if you're prepared to put an article together, I'm prepared to publish it!

Kev

Will do Kev. The easiest way for me would be to create it as a word document the create a .pdf document from it which I can e-mail to you (or several smaller word documents if you with to edit the contents) - Does that sound OK with you?

Derek

Will do Kev. The easiest way for me would be to create it as a word document the create a .pdf document from it which I can e-mail to you (or several smaller word documents if you with to edit the contents) - Does that sound OK with you?

Derek

Word documents are fine Derek, but whatever you do, don't embed the images! Send them along separately if you can. The ideal approach is to write placeholder text into the document for the images ("image one goes here", etc), and then name the images to match. If that's too much trouble I'll certainly understand. I may get time at some point to scrape it all out of this thread.

Kev

From the side, both are similar in shape, but the Revell part is slightly deeper that the Revell one.

Shouldn't that read "From the side, both are similar in shape, but the Hasegawa part is slightly deeper than the Revell one"?

All in all, superb! Thanks Derek! Looking forward to your comments on the landing gear, wheels, prop and spinner...

D

Shouldn't that read "From the side, both are similar in shape, but the Hasegawa part is slightly deeper than the Revell one"?

All in all, superb! Thanks Derek! Looking forward to your comments on the landing gear, wheels, prop and spinner...

D

I shall edit it D (thanks for pointing it out - that is what happens when you type in the early hours of the morning when you are tired). It should say that the Revell kit is slightly deeper than the Hasegawa kit. Thank you for the nice comments.

Derek

Interesting presentation Derek, I take back my comments - no harm intended! I like the analysis and comparisons in the latest update to the different sources provided... I am looking forward to seeing how you correct the highlighted areas of interest!

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alan

Interesting presentation Derek, I take back my comments - no harm intended! I like the analysis and comparisons in the latest update to the different sources provided... I am looking forward to seeing how you correct the highlighted areas of interest!

Cheers and happy modeling!

Alan

No problems at all Alan - The corrections will be coming soon (probably early next week as I am busy, but we shall see).

Best regards

Derek

Great work Derek, good to see your dedication being laid out for our benefit.

Although I can't help thinking ... if only you were instead working on the SLA prototypes sorting all this out a year ago before any metal was cut.

I would if they had asked me Check ;) :D

Derek

... The corrections will be coming soon (probably early next week as I am busy, but we shall see).

Best regards

Derek

Looking forward to that. Will you correct the length of the fuselage ?