Revell 1/32 Spitfire Mk.IIa kit - Built as a 54 Sqn Spitfire Mk.Ia.

Derek B

• 2 years later...

wow as a newbie I am so glad to read and learn from guys like this . my field for the last 25/30 yrs has been 1/76 scale armour , so large scale planes are stil l very new to me . but modelmaking is modelmaking no matter the subject matter , though a bit bigger . justjim1.

Derek,

In the past I've added refined linseed oil (depending on where you are also known as Artist turpentine) to humbrol paint to extend the shelf life and stop them from skinning quite so thoroughly.
The potential down side is that the paint becomes glossy to the same extent as to how much linseed you add.
Perhaps a little linseed will extend your remaining Eau-de-Nil.
Fantastic work so far.

• 2 years later...

Hello all

Happy new year 2020...and hopefully also to a new life for this old threat! I have a Revell Mk.IX in my stash that I want to build soon. I have been reading though this threat but to fully comprehend what Dekek was doing the re-installation of the pictures would be so much appreciated. I assume the shape issues of the Mk.II are the same on the Mk.IX? Any additional hints on where to find good reviews and "how 2 fix issues" articles on Revell's Mk.IX woudl also be highly appreciated. 

thanks a lot

Uwe

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Uwe, and happy new year to you as well! :)

I do intend to pick this up agan at some point. since Photobucket effective held my images to ransom, I am not certain how to ressurect them! (also, they were amongst the last I published, so I do not even know how to do it these days? - it used to be much simpler when I could directly down load them, but the time taken to go through a third party may be a problem for me). 

best regards

Derek

21 minutes ago, MARU5137 said:

Hello Derek.

Happy New Year and all that jazz.

good to see you back k on this project.

:clap2:

(try IMGUR for your photos).

Happy New Year to you also Maru - I hope that you are well? :)

Derek