Unreliable vendor - Super Bug Models

LSP_Matt

It's with some regret that I feel it is necessary to post this thread warning any members considering purchasing or pre-ordering any products or materials from the vendor Daniel Phelps of Superbug Models. 

Daniel was also associated with Golden Dragon Models and a Google search of Super Bug Models shows the issue encountered by our LSP member to be a persistent one.

Every effort has been made by myself and by our LSP member to contact Daniel to establish a dialogue prior to posting this thread. I am led to believe that there are a number of individuals who have paid money for goods that were never delivered.  This apparent pattern of behaviour is intolerable.

The fact that his website still appears open for business, that he he has not replied to us and that the pattern of behaviour seems consistently poor overrides in this special case our policy not to host bad traders alerts.  Our primary concern under these circumstances is to do what we can to protect our membership and advocate where historically or on an ongoing basis they appear to be at risk being taken advanatage of.

PayPal's advice at this stage has been for members who have paid for products that remain undelivered to contact them regarding this.  Our member Zero77 (Nicolas) is the point of contact for people who have encountered these issues.  Sufficient complaints may help Zero77 get his money back but it might also prompt PayPal to close down the account to prevent a compounding problem.

Please folks...if any person is offering resin modifications/kits/decals on a pre-order basis, try to ensure that they are reliable at delivering.  Don't hesitate to involve your bank, credit card company or PayPal at the earliest opportunity to ensure your deposit is protected from someone with all the best intentions and dreams but who simply can't deliver. 

I would not recommend any tolerance for after-market or businesses that use your monies for anything else than delivering the promised product or who do not deliver product by the agreed time.

LSP_Matt

I've posted and pinned this topic in the vendor and traders board areas.

Please avoid pitchforks and torches.  The aim here is to get anyone owed their money back but to prevent members from being taken advanatage of.

If someone knows Daniel personally, I'd urge them to phone him and encourage him to not only contact either Kev or myself but to engage with those seeking restitution of monies paid for goods still undelivered.

We haven't altered our basic policy of not having bad trader alerts.  We've felt somewhat compelled to show some flexibility given the unusual circumstances in this case.

Matty

A fair enough warning Matt... I remember him ripping people off back in 2004/05 when he was taking pre orders for Hustler kit that he was so called producing. Sounds like nothing has changed for him.

Yep, never read anything good about this guy. I've always wanted his X-15 parts, but I ain't biting that hook!

I started messing with a resin pit for it. But stopped when this one showed up. 

I am too slow sometimes, too many thing in the fire.

Maybe I will drag out the box and see how much needs to be done.

I started messing with a resin pit for it. But stopped when this one showed up. 

I am too slow sometimes, too many thing in the fire.

Maybe I will drag out the box and see how much needs to be done.

That would be great Harold !

I also wanted to buy superbug's X-15 stuff, but as i was already waiting for my F/A-18E full detail set for at least 1 or 2 years, i'd rather not.

That would be great Harold !

I also wanted to buy superbug's X-15 stuff, but as i was already waiting for my F/A-18E full detail set for at least 1 or 2 years, i'd rather not.

Ditto for me !

Like many, I was interested by his X-15 cockpit, but got suspicious reading issues on other forums ... never ordered from Superbug in the end, and right I was !

So, Harold, count me in if you produce a X-15 cockpit !

Hubert

Yes, right you were !

I did not have your luck, when i've preorder my Super Hornet set, i was not aware of all the mess this guy did... I've only discovered it months after, when i was still waiting for my order and so i was looking for comments about it, here and there. And what i read was dreadful...

Well I'm very probably a lucky guy as the only time I dealt with him (during the Golden Dragon era), I got the ordered items without any problem (some Tomcat late type wheels and possibly something else). I was also interested in some X-15 items but when I read the comments related to Superbug business I stayed far from him. It seems this was a wise decision...

Too bad really, as he was our only hope for resin 1/32 Super Hornet bits.

I have a couple of sets of seamless intakes and replacement wheels from Rhinomodelworks.

Suitable for the E, F and G

He sells on ebay from time to time.

No connection with the company but they seem very good and the intakes are a very snug fit.

:)

I have a couple of sets of seamless intakes and replacement wheels from Rhinomodelworks.

Suitable for the E, F and G

He sells on ebay from time to time.

No connection with the company but they seem very good and the intakes are a very snug fit.

:)

Yes, but superbugmodels has done a full detail and correction set for the Super Hornet, with cockpit, wheel bays, spine, exhaust, canopy... It could has been great, but all of this was virtual, as the only parts i've seen of his sets were on his website. I'm pretty sure he has not delivered any F/A-18E/F/G set to any customer.

I was really happy when i've made my order to get one of those sets. I even have to say that my wife paid it for my birthday....

Too bad indeed, still no Super Hornet resin after market except some small parts as wheels or seamless intakes.

I really dont understand why Aires or Avionix has not produced any cockpit for this one.