Hawker Sea Fury Prop Decals

Guest Peterpools

Guest Peterpools

Would these be the correct propeller decals for the later - RCN Sea Fury in the Fisher kit?

Photo is from a Brett Green Review I found on Hyperscale

4ca2fd1f-6bdf-4a8a-864b-6ca14e27735b_zps

Thank You

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Would these be the correct propeller decals for the later - RCN Sea Fury in the Fisher kit?

Peter,

In the book "The Hawker Sea Fury in the Royal Canadian Navy" by Leo Pettipas, there are hundreds of photos of RCN Sea Furys. Of all the ones where the front of the propeller is visible, one has no markings and all of the rest have the propeller markings.

Gary

Do you have a particular aircraft in mind?

Guest Peterpools

Gary

This is the Sea Fury I building but the instructions really don't show decal placement or which set of decals are used for the prop. The decal sheet itself has the decals has two different sets of decal and I just want to take my best shot.

Fig10_zps142f363e.jpg

Thank You

Peter

Edited by Peterpools

Peter,

Here's a photo from Leo's book of the aircraft want to do.

Gary

SeaFury108.jpg

Peter - having been down this road, it's all about the reference - the photo kindly posted seems to be pretty conclusive

..I found the 'white disc' can vary in distance from the hub depending on the air service operating the aircraft & the age - for early UK Furies it barely makes it out of the radius of the spinner - here it is clearly a measurable distance

..the manufacturuers logo (Dowty Rotol) seems absent, but the blade number & direction of rotation is visible

..Paul Fisher kindly supplied the decals I needed so assuming you have them as part of the kit you should be able to assemble the constituent parts you need - hopefully the montage pic below helps..

WIP238_zps6ad8dd8d.jpg

Peter

Guest Peterpools

Peter

Thank you for the information on the decals and markings. Paul's decals are very complete and with Gary and Tony's help, I was able to work my way though the problem. Sure wish Paul would have included a prop decal drawing in the instructions.

Peter

Guest Clunkmeister

The RCN Sea Fury is by far my favorite Sea Fury scheme. I have this kit sitting on my shelf, waiting for the day I get done a few more WW1 models and my GB obligations.

I'm looking forward to pictures of this build.

Not Dowty.  Just Rotol.  The Fisher decals are correct :)

yep - my bad.. what I meant was in the image of RCN108 (& VW647) there was no manufacturer logo - think this may be more common on resto birds