Any news yet on tamiya's next corsair

Stinger16

Guest Peterpools

Sure wish they would say something. Of course it's not as if nothing new has hit the shelves in a spell. :doh:

Peter

And I'm sure lots of us are even now working on the very last kit in our stashes ;)

Haha!!! Touché!!!! - nice one! Lol ... A completely irrelevant comment for me though - my stash is for entertainment during retirement - kind of like superannuation really :D ... Buy now, build, sell or swap later.

Concerning the topic ... I want me a FAA jobbie complete with blown canopy and armament upgrade ... Gotta wonder why Tamiya hasn't jumped on this one yet ...

Rog :)

... A completely irrelevant comment for me though - my stash is for entertainment during retirement - kind of like superannuation really :D ... Buy now, build, sell....

Nary a truer statement has been said... my problem is that I love to look at the instructions. If someone asked; "what reading is on your nightstand?" I'd tell them about the stack of kit instructions... The issue comes when I go to build a kit and have seemed to have misplaced the darn things... ;)

So you're going to retire at 65 and live to be 375 years old too, eh?  :)

Lol Jennings ... I won't keep everything in my stash of course ... But I can put together an armor or aircraft kit in about 5-6 days - given the full day ... My retirement stash has about 3-4 years worth of entertainment ONLY at present ... Just going to have to get busy on dio's I reckon.

Sorry guys, toddlers are much easier to entertain than modelers and not near as picky.  My son was much easier to deal with when he was 2, just take him to see some fish at Pet Smart.  Not once did he ask about the next corsair, much less why Tamiya did not release his favorite version of the Corsair.  He has always been partial though to the AVG P-40 but then again Sharks have been his favorite fish since about the age of 2.

Gents, Tamiya JUST released the Bird Cage model!! Give them a year or so to sell out the first run!!!

Sheesh, modelers are worse than toddlers. :doh:

Bill, it has been a year since they released the Birdcage bird :innocent: . The time is a tricky medium.

Jozef

Bill, it has been a year since they released the Birdcage bird :innocent: . The time is a tricky medium.

Jozef

Tamiya does not release 1/32 aircraft models as frequently as Trumpeter or other brands. The last ones before were the Spit and the Mustang, and it took several years for that. In about 25 years, they have made :

F-14 (1 version)

F-15 (2 main versions)

F-4 (3 main versions)

F-16 (1 and a half version)

Zero (1 version)

Spitfire (2 versions i guess)

Mustang (1 version)

Corsair (1 version)

8 really totally new models in about 25 years. It's about 3 years between each new one. For only a different version you can hope things go faster !

Tamiya does not release 1/32 aircraft models as frequently as Trumpeter or other brands. The last ones before were the Spit and the Mustang, and it took several years for that. In about 25 years, they have made :

F-14 (1 version)

F-15 (2 main versions)

F-4 (3 main versions)

F-16 (1 and a half version)

Zero (1 version)

Spitfire (2 versions i guess)

Mustang (1 version)

Corsair (1 version)

8 really totally new models in about 25 years. It's about 3 years between each new one. For only a different version you can hope things go faster !

Dunno about the others ... but that's 2 Mustangs  (D & K) ... 3 if you include the 'metal finish' kit. Also ... 3 Spits - Mks. VIII, IX and XVI