Trumpeter A-7D USAF.

joe

Nice Work Joe! I never thought about being creative like you with the copper wiring.. Do you think your neighbors are going to notice their phones don't work and figure out who did it?  Just make sure not to put the striped insulation in the garbage bin so they don't catch you! :rofl:

Great job on the detail work, looking forward to seeing more.

Your Friend, 

Paul 

Small update....

Working on the pit and got some paint on today, followed by an oil wash and then I added the eduard photo etch which is a self adhesive type. Never used this before so my first impressions are thats its pretty good and very easy to use. A bit 2 dimensional compared to resin or kit parts but it does have a bit of relief and shape so its not totally flat. Id use it again for sure.

Need to do a little detail painting and dry brush but its getting there.

I've added the kit seat in the pics but am waiting for a quick boost seat and then I'll compare the wolfpack / quick boost / kit seat and decide which one to use.

I'll start on the avionics bays next.

Jack - throw pillows, lmfao......ha ha.

IMGP1371_zpse323b573.jpg

IMGP1373_zpsee49bece.jpg

IMGP1376_zps115351ec.jpg

So my Quickboost seat turned up yesterday and I've taken some pics for comparrison.

The Quickboost seat to me is by far the best of the 3 options with the shape, proportions and deatil looking great to me but I'm no expert it just looks better than the Wolfpack seat which looks undersized and underwhelmimg and doesnt have the finess of the Quickboost seat. The kit seat is not bad but lacks the details that the resin ones offer.

So for me the Quickboost seat is the winner here and will be part of the build. I didnt bother sawing off the moulding plug on the Wolfpack seat as I'm going to use it as Im pretty sure it for the USN A-7s anyway.

Some pics - in order of Wolfpack (LHS), Quickboost ©, Kit (RHS)

IMGP1383_zpsa453ebd7.jpg

IMGP1384_zps52f57b11.jpg

IMGP1385_zps98652009.jpg

IMGP1391_zps236e78c2.jpg

Hey Jeremy

Too long yes....hope the A-7D turns out ok I'm as slow as a wet week though...ha

Wish I could get more time at the bench. I need to assess my priorities:)

So the the Quickboost seat has been painted up and and added to the pit. its a vey nice piece of AM.

I've also started on the avionics bays and will be using the Eduard photoetch set for the D version. The Trumpeter kit parts dont differentiate bewteen the E or the D version so Aires or Eduards sets are needed here. Verlinden also make a set for the D too. As i had the eduard set I've started by cleaning up the kit parts and adding a little extra detail here and there -again plenty of artistic license with this stuff.

Ive added the extra avionics boxes etc from the eduard set but 'll wait before I add the box facias until later in the build. Ive opted not to do the lox bay on this one so it will be closed up on the finished model.

Also started on the intake trunk which has some pretty serious sink / knock out marks. I started filling these with Mr Surfacer 500 but that wasnt enough so Ive added blobs of gel super glue on them and will sand them smooth when completey dry.

IMGP1409_zpsbaa2e1f2.jpg

IMGP1410_zps0885103d.jpg

IMGP1393_zps64182924.jpg

IMGP1406_zps84235dbf.jpg

IMGP1407_zpsad6073d3.jpg

IMGP1414_zps2ed2797d.jpg