F7 Mig 21 and F13 Mig 21 - Whats the differences?

rohan

Yes I knew that but I have a F7 kit was was thinking to use it make it into a NV machine.  Can I do this and if so,  would I need to change anything?  As someone said, the early F7 was identical to the F13 but not sure if the F7 kit is the early version or later version.  Can anyone tell me?

Which F-7 kit do you have? There are three 1/32 F-7 kits on the market (F-7 II, F-7EB and F-7MG).

True, the earliest F-7s were nearly identical to the MiG-21F-13. But as far as I know, no kit of the early F-7 exists in 1/32 (unless you count the Trumpeter MiG-21F-13 kit). What's real and what's plastic are two different things being discussed here.

The Trumpeter F-7 II kit is the closest to a MiG-21F-13, but has the later rear-hinged canopy as well as other detail differences. It does have the parts for the early nose and intake, though. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the Pavla MiG-21F-13 set can be used on this kit, and provides the cockpit & canopy required for a MiG-21F-13.

If you don't have a kit already, then get either the Trumpeter MiG-21F-13 kit, or the Trumpeter F-7 II kit and the Pavla set. Of course, the Pavla set corrects the Trumpeter MiG-21F-13 kit, too.

HTH,

D

last question, are the eduard Mig 21F sets usable on both the F7 and F13?

Most should be. The F-7 kitted by Trumpeter differed from the 21F-13 in the following areas: canopy, seat, number of cannon, and para brake container under the tail. Eduard stuff for the F-13 not related to those differences should work fine.

The Trumpeter Mig-21F-13 can be fashioned as a NVAF machine, the F-7 is the Chinese upgraded version and it has some differences not covered by Pavla cockpit set so, in my opinion, you cannot use that for the Vietnam War GB, maybe a later plane...

If you want a pure F-13 drop me a message.

Regards.

Marco

Hi 

I found in the 4+ edition book about the Mig 21 F 13 , a profile showing a Vietnam air force mig 21 F 13 coded red 4422 , 921st regiment Noi Bai AB year 1966 ..I am not 100% sure, but the F 7 comes later , and is a Chinese improvement of the F 13  , the dashboard is different , in any case for the F7 P ....I can advise you this book ....  hope that help you 

I used the pavla cockpit set for my F 13 , good choice , nice details , and great improvement

bye Alain 

The original F-7 was almost identical to the F-13. As noted however, the F-7 has evolved into an entire family of aircraft.

I'm sure nobody is going to know the difference if you use an F-13 cockpit in your F-7.

COUGHSPLUTTERCough!!! Did you just dismiss thousands and thousands of members of the Chinese air forces, many of which are no doubt keen customers of their own indigenous plastic kit manufacturer, and who I would suggest would know EXACTLY what the cockpits of their own aircraft look like, as NOBODY??!!

I hope they never find out !

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow