Shape of Hasegawa A6M5c spinner

fastzx

The spinner on the Hasegawa Zeke looks too pointy to me. What do you all think about this?

It just looks off.

After looking at photos and Tamiya A6M5 spinner it just seems too pointy.

Jon

Mike,

Yes probably sanding, he he.

I have the "grade up" version of the Hasegawa Zeke.

The metal (lead?) spinner is much closer to the Tamiya A6M5.

I also have the spinners from Revell (too fat) 21st Century, and some unknown Zeke.

I am replacing the cockpit with the gutted 21st Century kit. I had read somewhere that this was

A direct copy of the Tamiya cockpit and yes it is very very close. I may just use the metal prop and spinner.

Just prepping for my Tamiya build.

Jon

If you are lucky there is an extra spinner in the A6m5 Tamiya kit.  I have the a6m2 and there are two spinners.  I am guessing one is for a nakajima version. There might be an a6m5 spinner in the a6m2 kit also.  There are quite a few unused variant parts in the a6m2 kit.  I just started mine and it is an amazing kit.  I am doing the 21st century kit to practice a few things also.

From what I can gather the Has Zeke is only a "C" model in its wing armament. The cockpit is missing the bullet resistant front and rear glass, the seat is not armored and the cowling is for the 7.7mm guns.

I have not seen the Jinrai version of the Hasegawa Zeke. I think it has a resin cowl with the "C" armament. I would like to get ahold of that cowl. The seat and armor are pretty easy.

The 21st Century cockpit interior sure helps out a bunch and a more correct spinner will do wonders.

I think less than 300 A6M5c models were made.

Jon

Edited by fastzx