Tamiya 1/32 F-4J Phantom

Vanhainen

Once you do, you never go back!!!

Go Phantoms!!

Paul

NICE JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be hell a proud of that one! Outstanding work. I still haven't joined the tamiya phantom family either.

Guest Peterpools

Ernie

How did I miss your Phantom? Absolutely first class and simply a dynamite finish

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Peter

• 10 months later...

I just bought this kit then read a few on-line builds and get the impression this is NOT a straightforward kit.

Mainly, I keep reading that the engine intakes are very bad and must be replaced.

True? If so, which did you use, or did you?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Spad

I just bought this kit then read a few on-line builds and get the impression this is NOT a straightforward kit.

Mainly, I keep reading that the engine intakes are very bad and must be replaced.

True? If so, which did you use, or did you?

Thanks for your time and consideration.

Spad

- Remove the raised battle damage repair panels that are strewn all over the kit

- Replace the intakes with after market. Some are OOP, but still, seamless intake sets from different manufactures can be found places like Evil-Bay.

- Replace the exhaust cans. OOB Tamiya cans are too small in diameter. You can get a set from Gary of GT Resin here on LSP. I dont have a set, but his seem to be closer to the 1:1 dimensions.

- Add whatever you want for AM in the pit, but if your not concerned about the minutest detail being accurate in there, you can probably go withe the Tamiya OOB pit.

- Also Nautilus models makes a wooden assembly jig to get the dihedral of the wing tips correct, which can be a total PITA by hand - http://nautilusmodels.com/32-802.htm