Revell Spitfire Mk.II

Nic C.D.

• 2 weeks later...

Been working a little on the cockpit. Some extra detail was added, but this kit is pretty nice out of the box. 

Here is the cockpit with some paint on it:

Foto-WLEFBY3C-D.jpg

Some parts still have to be glued in and painted, but it is starting to look like something...

Foto-MX4CMHOQ-D.jpg

Here is a closer look at the instrument panel. Still have to punch out the instruments from the decal sheet though.

Foto-XCZQWW6L-D.jpg

It's a shame not too much of it will be seen once it's in the fuselage, but I've had fun with the kit so far!

I hope to be back soon, hope you like the progress!

Nic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had some work done on the Spit - nothing to the standards of Iain's splendid work - but I'm happy with it.

With the cockpit done and glued into the fuselage, construction went very smooth. The kit needed a bit of putty on the wingroots and the engine covers, but nothing too hard to fix.

Foto-A6WIPIWB-D.jpg

Foto-ZDPUMZNT-D.jpg

Gear, spinner and horizontal tail are not glued, just placed to make it look a little like a Spitfire... Some polishing made the kit ready for the next stage: the fun part!

Foto-CLC4FZ8D-D.jpg

Once I get to this stage, I find it hard to stop, so I painted the entire kit in one evening. Here is the kit in the same angle a couple of hours later:

Foto-P7GQK4PR-D.jpg

I hope you like her. I'll show some more photos in another post. Stand by !

Thanks for your feedback!

Nic

So, here are a couple of shots more of the Spitfire after a night of airbrush, decals and "I can't help myself to start a little weathering". 

It's the trouble when you can't stop, I guess. Feeling a bit sleepy now...

Foto-6NLAWZ8U-D.jpg

Foto-7D43GSS4-D.jpg

Foto-OYHL43OF-D.jpg

For the wash, I normally use water in colours black or dark grey, but for this one, I chose burnt umber. It is rather soft on the camouflage parts and it brings out the details pretty good on the lighter colours. The decals went on great (from the box, used just a little setting). Here is a close-up of the wash on the wing:

Foto-73GQWA3Z-D.jpg

And the top of the wing:

Foto-7E46PY6X-D.jpg

And the fuselage:

Foto-PBZYAMFI-D.jpg

I have to say, I'm enjoying myself with this kit. It's pretty much out of the box, but I wanted to know how it looked as is. It'll look like a Mk.II in the end, but not as much as Iain's of course! Hat of to him!

Thanks for any feedback !

Nic