1/32 WWII Soviet aircraft interest? ...

Artful69

Just thought the 1/33 paper would show some size reference.

Yes pretty good for paper though.

Oh trust me, in 1:32 plastic, I'd go for one in a heartbeat. Believe it or don't, I actually developed a passion for the Pe-2, based primarily upon the Squadron/Signal in action book, here.

I have built a few paper card models.

Problem is, I find that I do not enjoy doing the modeling. 

So I simply do not make them anymore.

If it is no fun, why do it?

But, rescale the parts to 1/32 scale and then you have fine patterns to make the models out of plastic. To get smooth mating surfaces where the parts come together put some putty behind the meeting lines and then file, sand & dremmel tool it into a rounded shape.

Yes, it is a form of scratch building. So?

Stephen

Another vote for (and firm prospect of a purchase of) a Pe-2 from me. Given the scale of its production and use, it deserves a good kit.

Something to the level of refinement of Revell's Ju 88 and He 111 would generate some cash from me ... as would any of the previously mentioned singles ... far too important NOT to have good 32nd scale kits of them.

For me the best one for them to start with is the Pe-2, some good colour schemes to play with and it was one of the most produced twins of the war so deserves to be done.

I think the boys on this thread have voted for it already!  

Fingers crossed. :popcorn:

Well I think if it were for us they should not hesitate to release Russian WWII planes. 

And knowing how many friends were interested in 48th scale TU-2s I think in general it should not be a bad business for them. I have heard that Mig-3 was not the brightest star for Trumpeter though, but it may be because it was not so well known as Las and Jaks.

To close it, I would go for any Russian WWII project in 32nd (well, not some obscure type but I do not think anybody would try it in our scale).

Just my two pennies

Jozef