Revell's 1/32 Spitfire II

Edgar Brooks

So I guess asking Simon if he could post pics of the areas to watch out for in the kit, compared to pics of the real aircraft is not permitted to be discussed here? Again, just asking, because I actually have an interest in this.

Thanks

Brad

So I guess asking Simon if he could post pics of the areas to watch out for in the kit, compared to pics of the real aircraft is not permitted to be discussed here? Again, just asking, because I actually have an interest in this.

Thanks

Brad

Perhaps he can start a new thread, so that those interested can participate in that discussion?

Doug

KingK-series

Dekenba

No further contributions in this thread from either of you.  You are free discuss your ideas via PM together.

I've pruned a lot of posts (varying in their degree) that began to ruin other members opportunity to have a conversation about the kit

LSP Matt

Thank you!!!!!!

Actually, the problems with this kit sound like the ones with the Hasegawa 109 Gustav which many here LOVE (click here). That kit has problems with the spinner, blades, oil cooler, wing nacelles, etc. I put more money into AM upgrades for it than any kit I can remember. This Spitfire is about 1/2-2/3 the cost of the Hase kit, so that's pretty significant right there if you're going to "fix" it.

May I suggest that the kit haters put together a tweak list, and stop filling up these threads with the same complaints over and over?

Edited by Bill Cross

Perhaps he can start a new thread, so that those interested can participate in that discussion?

Doug

Hi Doug,

Why do we need to start a new thread? The original poster, Edgar, got us started on the right foot with his quick look review. Simon just added his thoughts since he has two kits in hand. This thread seems like a great place to continue the discussion for those that are interested.

Cheers

Brad

May I suggest that the kit haters put together a tweak list, and stop filling up these threads with the same complaints over and over?

I don't think using such an emotive word as "haters" helps, and Simon was just pointing out what he perceived as being errors in the kit, as Edgar did at the outset, and Ben has in his review on LSM, are they "haters" too?

This site's at its best in threads like Iain's build of the He 219, SirBlueHenry's Harvard, etc., where people have a passion for the aircraft and want to make the best rendition possible from the kit to hand.

It would be nice to see Simon post his observations in either a discussion or build thread.

ps. the nose/spinner on the Hobbycraft P-51A/A-36 is all wrong.  :popcorn:

Thanks

Brad

Nobody is opposed to that, just to the never ceasing (and quite pointless), "it's all screwed up" commentary. Side by side comparisons would be very welcome by all I'd think. By all means, bring on the photo comparisons, and let's be done with observations without substance.

Nobody is opposed to that, just to the never ceasing (and quite pointless), "it's all screwed up" commentary. Side by side comparisons would be very welcome by all I'd think. By all means, bring on the photo comparisons, and let's be done with observations without substance.

But Simon isn't permitted to post on this thread? - and was he not constructive in his criticism. 

I like to know what is good or bad about all new kits. When some members say a kit is ok and others say not so great why must there always be arguments about what one or the other says? Aren't they just opinions from one or the other? It seems to me, who only wants to know the opinions, right or wrong. All members should realize that its just someone's opinion. Why must we argue who is right or wrong? If you have frequented boards like this, sooner or later you will know whose opinion was good or bad, right or wrong it is then your opinion that should count for you. You yourself will make the decision on who was right or wrong, good or bad and you are the only one who buys or does not buy a kit. Its always about you, who trusts these opinions or not, before you buy. I like to know what other people think about a kit before I buy.  Its always nice when members like to share their opinions, but it becomes tiresome when others only want to degrade the other guys opinion, because they are right and the other guy is wrong. I'd like to make that decision without the BS.

Mike Horina

Edited by mhorina

I just resent people implying I'm an idiot for even considering spending my money on a kit they consider is beneath contempt.  I'm quite able to make my own mind up, thank you.  I'll be extremely grateful for pointers, with evidence, to perceived problems, even more so if you show me how you have tackled corrective or replacement surgery, but don't expect a smile and a thank-you if patronisingly tell me that 'It's OK for me me to have my own opinion', and its 'OK for me to have my own level of fun building rubbish'. I don't need that kind of permission from anyone.

Tim

I've started building one last week. I mean it's a kit, so we better start building it, right?

I'll be posting a few photos soon in WIP! Please do send any info on necessary changes in the topic! 

Greetings from sunny Brussels !

Nic

I've started building one last week. I mean it's a kit, so we better start building it, right?

I'll be posting a few photos soon in WIP! Please do send any info on necessary changes in the topic! 

Greetings from sunny Brussels !

Nic

That's the idea Nic! If we saw less activity up here and more down in Works in Progress, we'd start getting back on track...

Kev

I don't think using such an emotive word as "haters" helps, and Simon was just pointing out what he perceived as being errors in the kit, as Edgar did at the outset, and Ben has in his review on LSM, are they "haters" too?

You're right, "hater" is too strong a word.

My point I guess is that we've had how many threads already about the "fatal" errors of this kit? And every time it comes up in a new thread, those who passionately dislike the kit feel the need to re-post almost all the same objections to it. We then seem to wander off into arguments-- no, sorry, discussions-- about what's the "right" kind of modeling, and whether people who are satisfied with this kit-- hell, who even contemplate buying it-- are somehow inferior modelers or willing to put up with less. And has been pointed out on several occasions, only a handful of folks seem to have actually handled the REAL kit and are not just piling on from photos.

So why don't all those who find highly objectionable aspects to the kit produce a tweak list? I'd actually be very interested, since this currently is the only LS Spitty for the BoB period on the market. There are some correctives in the works, and end the end, it might just build into a pretty good kit after some blood, sweat, tears and toil. Sorta like the Hasegawa Bf-109 G-6. :innocent: