May be old news? A Tu-2 in 32 scale!

Vitali

The man said it was 32nd. Sounds pretty definitive to me....

Tim

Maybe Tim - but he said the 'error' had been corrected. Well, nothing has changed on the website whatsoever, so what was the error? Kit number is the same, and it still says 1/32, like it did before. So that bit is somewhat confusing, and some ambiguity remains for me.

Kev

Guest Dekenba

Oh, exciting!

If it's 1/32 I will 100% get one - Soviet WWII aircraft are underrepresented in 1/32 - but logic suggests it's a 1/48.

Maybe Tim - but he said the 'error' had been corrected. Well, nothing has changed on the website whatsoever, so what was the error? Kit number is the same, and it still says 1/32, like it did before. So that bit is somewhat confusing, and some ambiguity remains for me.

Kev

They have it now listed in their 32 scale page. Select the 32 scale from the drop down list under scale on the left side of the page.

It wasn't there yesterday. I hope they are right as I've wanted one for many years.

They have it now listed in their 32 scale page. Select the 32 scale from the drop down list under scale on the left side of the page.

It wasn't there yesterday. I hope they are right as I've wanted one for many years.

I still think it's a mistake on Merit's part, as it doesn't gel with what I found on the manufacturer's website (Xuntong Models).

Kev

Just had clarification from Merit: the kit in question is indeed in 1/48 scale, and its web page has been corrected. Sorry folks!

Kev

I can confirm this Kev ... I emailed for the same and got the following e-mail in reply:

"Hi Roger,

Aparently there has been some confusion on this.  I can now confirm that it should be 1/48.  I would like to ask, why has there been so much buzz about these two kits?  I have seen a lot of activity coming from sites like largescaleplanes.com.

Thanks,

Mike Johnston

Webmaster

Merit International"

I sent the following response:

"Hello Mike ...

Firstly I'd like to thank you for the response!! ... It's great when people do actually get back to you regarding queries. I'm disappointed that the new kit will not be in 1/32 scale ... but better to know sooner than later!!

I am a member of several modelling forums ... one of which is Large Scale Planes. The reason for the buzz?? ... Well, on our end (large scale end - being 1/35 AFVs and above or 1/32 Aircraft and above) a new release by ANY manufacturer is a big deal ... most especially a new manufacturer ... or a new subject. Members are forever Googling around for LSPs or LSA's and when your latest ad got a hit ... I guess it stirred up a bit of interest ... If it HAD been 1/32 - I certainly would have been in!!

Although it is true that there are a few Soviet aircraft in 1/32 scale ... there are not many mainstream WW.II kit releases ... and a Soviet twin engine? ... now THAT would have been something!! ... 

Again ... thanks for taking the time to reply!!

Kind Regards,

Roger"

... Who know's ... maybe it'll have stirred up some interest in 1/32 on THEIR end?? ... We can only hope!!

Rog :)
Edited by Artful69

... Who know's ... maybe it'll have stirred up some interest in 1/32 on THEIR end?? ... We can only hope!

Maybe Rog, but to quote Mike in his email to me:

Please bear with me, I am only the web guy!

Kev