Airfix Typhoon?

ajaycad

Maybe if it sells well enough, they might consider one in 1/32?  Possibly?  Hopefully?

Doubtfully.

Pretty much this. I don't think Airfix has ever made a 1:32 bird? :o

Edited by Sparzanza

Maybe if it sells well enough, they might consider one in 1/32?  Possibly?  Hopefully?

Airfix have stated that 1/32 scale aircraft will be left to other manufacturers, they see the 1/24 scale slot still very much open to exploit. 

I can tell you that they are definitely not going down the 1/32 route, and that comes straight from the boss!

I'd be interested in anyone's views of who would like to see the company developing airfield support vehicles and groundcrews for this new category.  

Having spoken to them at Telford, they didn't say no to the idea, but of course feedback would always be helpful to assess it.

In the meantime I can't wait for the new Typhoon to arrive at the shops now! :yahoo:

Well then,  If the Airfix folks don't want the 1/32 market that's their choice.  Oh well, it was a nice thought for a little bit.  I'll just keep my money for something else like mmmmmm......   I don't know but whatever Tamiya has in store will most likely suffice.   

I don't think it's a matter of not wanting to engage the 1:32 market, but rather a preference for the 1:24 niche, as almost nobody else does them, save for the few kits Trumpeter have cranked out.

As to 1:24 accessories, some simple bomb trolleys, fuel drums and such would be nice. A few figures would be welcome by me as well.

I received an email from Hattons today informing me thew kit will be in their hands on July 21. They follow by saying that this is the latest info and may change if the manufacturer deems it so.

That is all.

Yep but their order thingie appears to be fubar. They took the money off my account but I recieved no confirmation email of the order, it does not appear in my history, and the item(s) are still in the shopping cart on the site. Hallelujah. :(

Just had an email from eHattons saying stock not available until the middle of next month,  I must have been way back in the queue of preorders. Fine by me, it was a good price and I'm not in a real hurry for it, plus this way the money comes out of next months pay cheque!

Further to my earlier post I checked the eHattons website and it was showing over 10 in stock so fired off an email asking why if they have them there was I having to wait until august. I got a reply, pretty quickly to be fair, that it was an auto sent email and mine would be packed and shipped by the end of the day.