What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

Zukei-Mura? I think they may be focusing more on 1/48 now but their quarter (sic) scale Phantoms are begining to look distracting ...

Zoukei-Mura has no intention of ditching 1/32 ... All variants of the Fw.190 are currently in the works, in 2 types of kits - Standard SWS format or the new "Basic" format (think highly detailed standard kit form) ...

Apart from the phantom, all 1/48 kits so far have been a downscaled version of something released prior in 1/32.

Rog :)

Guest Vulcan32

A Tunnan is on its way, and in injection-moulded plastic, too!

Kev

Hi Kev,

secrets should be kept secret, you won´t get any informations from me anymore.

Heinz

Hi Kev,

secrets should be kept secret, you won´t get any informations from me anymore.

Heinz

I had this confirmed by somebody else, Heinz, and I won't be mentioning any more about it, so I can hardly see how I've let any secret out.

Kev

Zoukei-Mura has no intention of ditching 1/32 ... All variants of the Fw.190 are currently in the works, in 2 types of kits - Standard SWS format or the new "Basic" format (think highly detailed standard kit form) ...

Apart from the phantom, all 1/48 kits so far have been a downscaled version of something released prior in 1/32.

Not been much in two years, or anything I've noticed. The sky was blackened by showers of Far Eastern Pfeils, some from Hong Kong, though I may have simply missed the Z-M Fw 190 sprue shots or mock-ups.

The 1/48 McDonnell-Douglas F-4J, by comparison, seems to be surging and has the best outline shape of any Phantom II kit I've seen (F-4s are my thing). In 1/32, very much looking forwards to seeing what HKM do with the Phantom FG.1/FGR.2 and Tan Model with its RF/F-4E.

Tony

Not been much in two years, or anything I've noticed. The sky was blackened by showers of Far Eastern Pfeils, some from Hong Kong, though I may have simply missed the Z-M Fw 190 sprue shots or mock-ups.

The 1/48 McDonnell-Douglas F-4J, by comparison, seems to be surging and has the best outline shape of any Phantom II kit I've seen (F-4s are my thing). In 1/32, very much looking forwards to seeing what HKM do with the Phantom FG.1/FGR.2 and Tan Model with its RF/F-4E.

Tony

No Tony ... you haven't missed anything (although I'm assuming you've seen the photos from the various international shows of the ad's on display at the ZM stands?) ...

They've been too busy getting the Pfeils out the door and the Phantom off the starting grid. Apparently you're not the only one interested in that kit!! :D

As there is a LOT of behind-the-scenes design work done before we ever see CAD images, mock ups or test shots I'm not surprised we haven't seen anything as yet ... The Fw.190's weren't scheduled for first release until 2017 anyway.

If I was ever going to get into non-WWII jets ... a Phantom would most definitely be on the list ... but it would be in 1/32 - so that means either Tamiya or HKM ... and I, like you, am really looking forward to see what HKM do with those!!

I'm amazed that Revell haven't tackled the Do 217 or variants of that airframe.  Especially as they managed to churn out the Ju-88, the He-111 and the UHU quite successfully. OK, so they may not be the best but they sure are a good basis for any modeller to build on, given the fact they are so cheap to purchase. That's here in the UK at least.

So come on Revell DE, give us something NEW!

Regards,

Bruce Crosby