What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

FWIW, I've suggested both the Tigercat and the Westland Whirlwind to HK Models, as they're still keen to pursue the WW2 twins market. At this stage anything that fits that description is probably under consideration - the consideration being, will

i still don t understand why no one has made the Invader yet,every time some one s mention it starts a...revellation

The Douglas B-18 Bolo would get my money.  The first time I saw one was in an old Randolph Scott war movie 'Bombardier'.  It was the main star, and it was love at first sight.  A kissing cousin to the C-47.  Sort of like a C-47 on steroids IMHO.  Like a bomber version of the C-47.  Lots of variants there with various nose arrangements.  Compared to the C-47, it is butt ugly, but that's what makes it so beautiful.  It's one of the early silver wings.  Lots of paint options there, natural metal, camo, and some very colorful schemes during war game exercises before WWII.  I'd be perfectly satisfied and happy with a 1/48 release.  Whatever.

I doubt we'll ever see one.  Just doesn't get that much press.

Best regards

Patrick

Edited by Patrick HMD

Italeri are running a "submit your suggestion with photos" and I have obliged with a large smorgasboard of J.35 Draken imagery.

First generation Harrier/Sea Harrier would also suit the 1/32 scale Italeri ethos of smallish jet, lots of possibilities with only minor extra tooling, and multiple Nation use.

Tamiya really should do a big Beaufighter before too long. But please do a Mossie NF.XVII/XIX before doing the razorback and bubbletop Jugs.

Hong Kong Models are so painfully slow I'm content just waiting for the FG.1/F-4K Spey-powered Phantom II.

Tan Model have pledged an RF-4E/F-4E and F-111A/E after its Freedom Fighters and Talon, so all's well there.

Revell, well apart from a Dornier twin I'd like to see the Ju 88 A-4 released as a C-6 neu variant, and a new tool Bf 110 G-4. If parent Hobbico insist on more stars 'n' stripes, then F-22 might be fun, and from Revell much cheaper than the real thing with a real liklihood of a second production run in the future.

Hasegawa, a new tool Hayabusa, plus Seiran and Ki 100 types would be super, please.

Zukei-Mura? I think they may be focusing more on 1/48 now but their quarter (sic) scale Phantoms are begining to look distracting.

Fly please do a 1/32 Jet Provost T.3/4

Trumpeter just get the bl**dy MiG-29A and UB out.

That's enough for now,

Tony

Haven't we run out of airplanes yet?

This topic is over 2 years old already. 

Have we missed any airplane?

Really, this string is lots of fun and wishful thinking but I cannot think of any more aircraft that are feasible for a manufacturer to produce without going bankrupt. Anyone want a B-36?

:)

Well, I've already banged on enough about a Revell Dornier 17Z....come on Revell!!!!  :mental:

I did have a really good think about another Airfix 1/24 kit, and for me although I would love to see a Griffon Spit, I can't help think that a P-51B in 1/24 up to the standards of the Typhoon would make them mega bucks. I'm just drooling thinking about the potential colour scheme options!!

Regards;
Steve

Mr SSculptor...I concede that you make a very good point, but maybe someone will look in here for some inspiration...hopefully..Revell, I'm talking to you...Dornier...why isn't it on my workbench yet!

Edited by fightersweep

Yeah I kinda agree with Sccupltor that these threads get beat to death on about every forum I visit (hence the a/c I put up on the previous page lol) but still it is so hard to resist for many to not put up there 1/32 "hopes and dreams" list even if it is the 100th time....

Shoot I cant resist doing it again:

FJ4 Fury

Val

Kate

B-26

A-20

Beaufighter

Halberstadt Cl2

Hanriot HD1

And for the more crazy list (for HPH maybe? they seem to like big unusual subjects): Hawkeye, Stoof, WillyFudd, Ventura, Valkyrie, Caproni Bomber

Edited by petrov27

Well, I've already banged on enough about a Revell Dornier 17Z....come on Revell!!!!  :mental:

I did have a really good think about another Airfix 1/24 kit, and for me although I would love to see a Griffon Spit, I can't help think that a P-51B in 1/24 up to the standards of the Typhoon would make them mega bucks. I'm just drooling thinking about the potential colour scheme options!!

Regards;

Steve

Mr SSculptor...I concede that you make a very good point, but maybe someone will look in here for some inspiration...hopefully..Revell, I'm talking to you...Dornier...why isn't it on my workbench yet!

Steve, I agree with you that perhaps some inspired miracle will happen and Revell will make a 1/32 Do-17 kit. 

Then we can get aftermarket people issuing the old early nose, and a D0-215, and a Do-217, Do-317....

I do get carried away at times.

Stephen

Stephen;

It would be great to have all those options for a Dornier kit. I had hoped that the salvage of the Goodwin Sands Do-17Z might have raised enough interest from the manufacturers. Perhaps Revell don't seem to think that the Do-17 would make them enough money in 1/32. After all, it does seem to constantly live in the shadow of the He-111 and Ju-88 despite being a reliable workhorse for the Luftwaffe. It would be so nice to be able to complete that trio of BoB bombers in 1/32. Like you, I'll try to believe in that miracle!

Regards;
Steve

Edited by fightersweep