What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

I would still like to see A good De Havilland Rapid in 1/32, with ultra detailing, I know its mainly commercial, but its just a beautiful aircraft......

Dave

Yep, it's a beautiful aircraft. You can see the lineage with the Mossie.

Many were impressed into service in WWII, so plenty of wartime camo finishes could be applied.

Hi guys

I have not been too active around here lately however, whilst i was at work today I discovered this thread. I am amazed at the amount of models that you guys are wanting which are in my range!! I don't want to scupper this thread and make it seem like a marketing gimmick but I have enclosed my current listing of available models and there are lots of those you have listed there if you want them. 

Hope this answers a few questions people have. I have highlighted those that I have seen in the thread mentioned  in red too.

best regards

John

Tigger Models

Currently available all 1/32

01 BAe Jaguar GR1 £25.00
02 Saab J-29 Tunan (straight wing) £22.50
03 Fiat G-91 R3 £25.00
04 Yak -3 £17.50
05 Handley Page Hampden £30.00
06 Grumman S-2 Tracker £35.00
07 Lockheed Hudson £30.00
08 F-89 Scorpion £30.00
09 F-2h Banshee £25.00
10 Gloucester Meteor F-8 £25.00
11 Westland Wyvern £25.00
12 XFY-1 Pogo £25.00
13 F-94c Starfire conversion for Czech T-33 £17.50
14 Sea Harrier FRS1 conversion for Revell Harrier GR1 £8.50
15 Harrier T4 conversion for Revell Harrier Gr1 £12.50
16 Aero L-39 Albatros £25.00
17 P-82 Twin Mustang £30.00
18 KI-45  Â£25.00
19 F-84 Thunderjet £25.00
20 F-7U Cutlass £30.00
21  Shorts Sunderland Special order £80.00
22 Catalina Special order £80.00
23 E-2 Hawkeye Special order £50.00
24 Halifax Special order £80.00
25 Dornier Do-335 £30.00
26 Lancaster Special order £80.00
27 B-17 Special order £80.00
28 Grumman Tracer £45.00
29 KI-46 Dina £30.00
30 Lockheed Super constellation Special order £80.00
31 F-86 d conversion £20.00
32 Stirling Special order £80.00
33 B-29 Special order £80.00
34 Fj fury conversion £20.00
35 Skyraider £30.00
36 T-2 Buckeye£25.00
37 SM-79 £30.00
38 Canberra £50.00
39 Grumman Cougar £25.00
40 A-26 Invader £45.00
41 Do-217 £45.00
42 Do-217 NI £45.00
43 Arado 234b  Special order £40.00
44 B-24 Liberator Special order £80.00 
45 Douglas Skynight £30.00
46 He 219 £40.00
47 Ta-154 £30.00
48 Jet Provost T4 £27.50
49 Jet Provost T5/ Strikemaster £27.50
50 RF-8 fuselage conversion £15.00
51 Gloucester Gladiator £25.00
52 Fokker DXXI £22.50
53 De Havilland Vampire £27.50
54 Bristol Beaufort £35.00
55 De Havilland Chipmunk £25.00
56 Hawker Hart £30.00
57 Defiant £30.00
58 Wesltand Whirlwind (WWII prop) £30.00
59 ME 263 £20.00

1/48
P-3 Orion £50.00 Special order
B-52  Â£75 Special order
B-47 £45 Special order
B-57 wings £22.50

coming very soon
Gannet
Do-17

In development
Tigercat
Antonov AN-2
F-11 Tiger

1/12 
Me 262

Special order means I have to sub contract and this could take up to a month to get the model delivered to me although I try to keep at least one on stock.

What Jennings said. Give a vacfom a go. I might be complete rubbish. But then again, it might not! Where there is a will, there is a way.You might find your view changes, from 'I couldn't possibly do one of those', to ' I'll have a go at one of those', to 'Oh, actually that wasn't so hard', to 'Hm, I can see how that could be a bit better'.... and before you know it you are making your own masters, your own vacform parts, your own canopies, your own castings, your own 3D CAD designs, your own 3D printed parts, your own decals....

Go on! You never know.....

Tim

I guess it all depends on the vac kit itself. Ive seen some great ones, and thought to myself, "awesome! That looks like something I could handle"...................

Then again, I pull out something like my CM 32nd F7F, and look at the "75 grit" sandpaper looking molding, the horrible trenches for panel lines (not actually seen trenches this deep that were also WAVY lines as well!) the worse/softest detailed clear vac canopy Ive ever seen, the metal polls (LITERALLY) representing the complex T-Cat gear, and thought.............

"NOPE."    And immediately put it away, saving the awesome 3 view plans for yet another gander.   I will maybe one day turn her into a What_If Reno racer, but still this contradicts my most basic of modeling philosophies:

I have precious little modeling time with a full time job as an IT Engineer, and Ill be damned if Im going to spend the little time I do get at the bench fighting with a kit when I could actually be doing something enjoyable modeling related.

Indeed the exact two vac companies I was receding to. Having a look at my CM F7F then looking at my brother's Dynavector Skyshark, it was literally 180 deg difference; indeed night and day.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Try one.  You might be surprised.

I've really not got the determination, imagination, patience, or the range of modelling skills needed to do a vac. There just seems to be no "simple" bits, no little wins as you move on, no "easy" bits to do after completing a difficult section. It all looks difficult & risky! The thought of scratch building pretty much everything scares the bejesus out of me.

That's why I admire those who produce stunning models out of pressed plastic forms - I always admire those who manage to do what I find so difficult. Which is a very, very long list. And getting longer as I get older.

I've just not got the attention span. I'm a lazy modeller!

I've really not got the determination, imagination, patience, or the range of modelling skills needed to do a vac. There just seems to be no "simple" bits, no little wins as you move on, no "easy" bits to do after completing a difficult section. It all looks difficult & risky! The thought of scratch building pretty much everything scares the bejesus out of me.

Oddly enough, for me, that is exactly the appeal. Some people jump out of perfectly good airplanes or swim with sharks. The challenge of "how the hell am I gonna do that?" gets my creative juices flowing all the time. And, when you do solve the problem, there is a feeling of satisfaction that is hard to beat. Plus, you can have something no one else on the block has. Try it!!

Try one.  You might be surprised.

I concur! It's a great experience, and you will learn a lot that can be applied to "normal" injection mould kits.

coming very soon

Gannet
Do-17

In development
Tigercat

Great news! This should please many people here :frantic:

Cheers

Alex

I'm still struggling with the radome for the vacform Su-15TM. The fuselage should move along more quickly, the theory goes.

It will progress, but these flat-pack kits without fasteners are about ten times the work of IM goodies.

I am, however, firmly convinced they have a valid place as conversions, or where there exists off-the-shelf parts to oil the cogs of progress, be it seats, engines, wheels, scoops or *just about anything* to help move things along.

There's just so much really good stuff out there in IM form that's so much easier to make that you have to absolutely love the vacform subject and have a big wallet for plastruct/evergreen styrene sheet, rod and whot-not. If/when I design decals, etch and master essential parts for duplication in resin to go with the Flagon it'll likely cost £120+ for a prospective £180 turkey.

Tony

• 9 months later...

Well, I'd like to see in 1/32 injection or resin or combo :

Val

Kate

SM79

JU-52 (with transport/troop dropper/ ambulance versions)

YAK-3 (A resin edition from Romania is nice and available from time to time)

C-47 Dakota

A-26 Invader(Just for the CIA in SEA :thumbsup: