What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

Lots of great want lists!! After hearing of the Tamiya Mosquito, i'm a happy modeller and could die happy after building one. My wants change often, right now they are

B-26 Marauder

Mk 24 Spitfire with large vertical tail

KI-46 Dinah

Don

If i were Hasegawa, and wanted to continue the trend of 32nd scale releases i'd be considering....

1) The F4U-4 (And the -5/ AU-1/-7, depending on how well the -4 would sell)

2) An FM-2 (different enough from an F4F IMHO and relevant right up thru the end of the war)

3) An SB2C (a missing link)

And if i were Kitty Hawk.....

an F2G.

david

Don't think Hasegawa will go Corsair, not with Tamiya's kit's out there already. Asking for trouble, as they'd not necessarily come out well in a comparison.

FM-2 perhaps lacking demand, as it's not hugely different enough from the F4F-4? Maybe an after-market conversion for somebody though.

SB2C is historically the missing link, but perhaps natural Trumpy territory, if they pick up the baton again.

F2G - see first sentence above!

HpH have the Catalina covered, only £550 or so.

Funnily enough, it's yet to sell out.

Ha thats because at 550 its very expensive for a kit.It will NEVER sell out.  What I should have posted was that another company needs to bring out a PBY. 

NEED 1/32nd F7F!!!!!!!

Seems like we've heard SO many different rumors  that a "mainstream" IM company will do my favorite all time air-frame, but still NO ONE HAS!!!!!!

1/32nd T-Cat PRONTO Please!!!!!

Im with you man!!! I have been dying for one of the big modelling companies to bring one out. We can only hope that our prayers are answered on this one. 

Which company would you like to see the F7F made by? Have a preference?

HpH have the Catalina covered, only £550 or so.

Funnily enough, it's yet to sell out.

Ha thats because at 550 its very expensive for a kit.It will NEVER sell out.  What I should have posted was that another company needs to bring out a PBY. 

... Actually fellas ... I remember quite distinctly that, a few months after it's release, they were struggling to keep up with demand!

I vaguely remember posting on a thread where customers were being expected to pay for the kit ... and then wait months for it to be produced and shipped.

I'll try and hunt down the thread and post a link ... Interesting times! ... Apparently they revised their production facilities to cope with the demand as a result.

I hear you though ... at that sort of cash outlay - unless you were absolutely desperate for one, it would be difficult to reason shelling out that amount of funding!

I don't know how much demand an IM kit would generate ... Usually resin kits hit the market because of insufficient demand to justify the huge cost outlay required for an IM kit.

Even a decent HK Models release at a $250-$300 price tag, might not generate enough sales to cover them.

It shouldn't stop people wishing though! ... one day, hopefully!

Rog :)

I'd be reall concerned with a resin kit of an aircraft of that size.

Large resin parts like fuselages and wings tend to warp after a while.

I'm not sure I'd be willing tospend that kind pf money given the risk.

IIRC the wing and hull are made of fiberglass+resin, just like modern boats or 1/1 gliders ...

Hubert.