What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

That's what I had in mind Rog! I'd be rooting for a glass nose and gun nose option!

(I think we'll see one some day)

Best regards;

Steve

I hope so! ...

It was my favourite Matchbox kit (1/72) as a kid ... I even built up both nose options and swapped them over using blue-tak - depending on whether I was flying night fighter or bombing missions! :D

Rog :)

The list above is quite comprehensive- Can you imagine a 1/32 B26 Marauder? Now that would be a kit!

Personally, the only thing I see missing, and is being discussed on another thread, is a decent P51B or C, and since Hobbycraft are no longer trading, a decent A model as well. On the above list, I would like to see any of the Yaks/Laggs/La's from one of the big 3 manufacturers (Revell, Hasegawa & Tamiya), as well as a Hurricane, a Boston and a Helldiver. Think all of those would sell, although the Hurricane and the Mustangs more than the others....

Fightersweep,

I guess I should point out that all I did was enumerate all the responses from this thread and that without much statistical rigour.

For me it was a real surprise about the VVS stuff initially as it was mentioned four times more than the others.

It's never been an area I was interested before until I went to Beijing and saw the aircraft museum there and really only the Tu-2 Bat, Shturmovik and The Tu-4 (B-29 rip off) with AWACs and Turboprops really stood out.  But obviously there is a pent up demand of sorts.

Personally I'd rather see a Beaufort/Beaufighter/Brigand than an LAGG-7 but that's because I prefer RAF/FAA subjects, although a Boston/Havoc would be rather spectacular.

The Viggen and Draaken were also a surprise too, but maybe that is because a Strikemaster, Buccaneer, Jag (of any mark) or a Spey Phantom are far more interesting to me.

this topic is a never ending story... the only Thing I can say is ...wait and see.

There are so many interesting kits to be produced, ...well in my next life I will see more of them.

There is a nice Yak-1 made by Alley Cat, now Hannants (minus fuel gauges on the wing - they are missing in the kit). Aeropoxy makes a Yak-3, that is so-so, but buildable (weak resin landing gear). HPH has the La-7. All these kits are available (I did not count in some hard-to-get VVS kits from Craftworks etc.)

Trumpeter comes to mind in regards of releasing missing VVS kits in styrene. The Chinese had Yak-9U and La-11/La-13 in service during the time of Korea war. The Tu-2 too. Not to forget that the Mig-3 was one of their nice kits, and Hobby Boss (iirc somehow related to Trumpeter) made a nice line of Il-2s.

Regards

- dutik

I'm hoping someone will start making a few of the more obscure aircraft. Either re-release, (PCM Macchi 200), or new release, in 1/32.

There have been quite a few I never expected to see in 1/32, such as the soon to be released Avro Lancaster, Kittyhawk's P-39, etc...so there's hope.

I'm especially hoping for a SM79, IL-4, and maybe a P-108.

I think one of the models on the list that is missing from mainstream kit IM (one that astute scale modelers are willing to build) that would likely have the most/more general appeal would be the P-51 B/C.  Weather you like it, hate it or just dont care about it, it was probably one of the more iconic aircraft used by many countries, and no one has put out a good kit of it yet besides the one with raised panel lines or the only other one with some (what I feel anyway) are some mistakes that DO make it un-buildable..............

UN-buildable.   Now that is a term I have not really tossed around with any other kits that I know of personally. Its like love, for me a term not to be used lightly. There are VERY few kits I would ever use that term with, but with its big-time fuselage errors (not the cause of the un-buildability) in conjunction with the wheel well errors (also not it) and lastly the most unrecoverable one; the NON-laminar flow wings (BINGO), to me the Trupy P-51B really is a kit that I would never build, ever.

There are also not many kits out there in our scale that we are missing that I can say Im truly "shocked" that there isnt a good kit out there of, but this IS one.   If done right, it could quite possibly be the biggest money maker on the list....................and to be honest, Im really not that huge of a P-51 B/C guy either.

Edited by Out2gtcha

Is there anybody here who's current stash would not last a considerable amount of time - beyond death is a long time - and yet there is a clamour to get more?

(I'm as guilty as anybody)

For sure.................Im as or more guilty than anyone.................    However I also seem to be one of the ones clambering for ones in the stash I dont have yet!    As Tim/wunwinglow would say, "What a lot we are eh!"

Guest Clunkmeister

The P-51B/C, P-39, and some Japanese 2 seaters have been the WW2 kits on my most wanted list forever.

Glenn is bringing us a superb P-39,  so we need the P-51B/C most absolutely for sure. Although I personally probably won't buy one because I'm working on the Rutman resin kit, which is superb as well.

We also absolutely need single engine IJN torpedo and dive bombers!  They'll sell like hotcakes as well, IMHO.

Edited by Clunkmeister

Well guys, haven't read every post on here, but I agree with a new P-51B/C model.  I would also like to see a "Val" Dive Bomber and a "Kate" Torpedo Bomber.  Also, an F9F Panther Jet would be cool as well.  Just my 2 cents worth.

Guest Clunkmeister

Dean, it IS funny.

I have enough kits to last until I'm about 137 years old, ay my current build rate, yet we all hoot and holler for more.  Much of my stash is stuff I WANT to build, someday, but the stuff on my want list is stuff I'd build NOW.

The AEG is a perfect example: logic says let it sit and don't be the first, but I was building it 20 minutes after it arrived, and I was one of the VERY first in this Country to receive one.

AND, IMHO, it is the BEST kit WnW has done yet, bar none.