What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

2 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Mentioned a number of times already. The Matchbox "F-86A" (it's a caricature) can also be mentioned in the same breath as the Lindberg "F-86A", which isn't worthy of the name either.

Not mentioned in this thread , assuming I've used the search function correctly. The Matchbox kit isn't ideal,  I agree.

I used to live near Shepherds Grove, where the first F86As in England were based, hence the interest.

1 hour ago, MikeC said:

Not mentioned in this thread , assuming I've used the search function correctly. The Matchbox kit isn't ideal,  I agree.

I used to live near Shepherds Grove, where the first F86As in England were based, hence the interest.

Madness if so! My error then: I was sure it had been mentioned, and if not then why not!!???

I too have an interest: I have an as-yet unpublished manuscript detailing the 81st FGp/FW/FIW/FBW Sabre period. One day maybe...

Just now, Sabrejet said:

I have an as-yet unpublished manuscript detailing the 81st FGp/FW/FIW/FBW Sabre period. One day maybe...

Ooh, I'll keep an eye out for that.

My late Father witnessed them arriving: "a long stream of Sabres flying over", he said; he was driving at the time, and just pulled over and watched.  Sadly I wasn't even "a twinkle in his eye" at that time, I would have loved to see it.

Whatever happened to the Italeri/Kinetic F-86F?  Was it a poor seller? 

Looking forward to Trumpeter reboxing the kitty bird Sabre Dog too. 

Really could do with more fifties jets: Mystère, Super Mystère, Thunderstreak, Thunderflash, Voodoo, Deuce & Six and, fast-forwarding a bit, Trumpeter please reissue your EE/BAC Lightning kits. I need two more of the F.2A/6 !  

Tony 

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

Whatever happened to the Italeri/Kinetic F-86F?  Was it a poor seller? 

Wish I'd got one when they were readily available. There's been one on eBay recently,  went for £63 or so. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284783829344?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=PkcrNZLpRsS&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=w2jjBMGFRh-&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

• 2 weeks later...

I could add to my list the following:

Handley Page Halifax, we have a Lancaster, a B-17 and a B-24 so why not.

Short Stirling, see above

Armstrong Whitworth Whitley

Handley Page Hampden

And of course the Wellington

I probably won't mention the Armstrong Whitworth Albemarle even though it did in the end do some serious work.

Cheers

Dennis

Ok, I'll play. Don't know what the current list of missing 1/32 kits might be but... Here's a few.

B-25B, C-D, G 

PV-1/2 Ventura 

Grumman Goose

J2F-5 Duck 

TBD-1 Devastator 

SB2U Vindicator

New, F4F-3/4/FM-1/2 and F6F-3/5

New, P-51B/C 

New, P-47D "Razorback"

Etc, etc...

Alfonso

On 5/19/2022 at 2:38 AM, Kaeone57 said:

Ok, I'll play. Don't know what the current list of missing 1/32 kits might be but... Here's a few.

B-25B, C-D, G 

PV-1/2 Ventura 

Grumman Goose

J2F-5 Duck 

TBD-1 Devastator 

SB2U Vindicator

New, F4F-3/4/FM-1/2 and F6F-3/5

New, P-51B/C 

New, P-47D "Razorback"

Etc, etc...

Alfonso

Ventura and Duck! Good suggestions!!