What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

5 hours ago, R Palimaka said:

Apart from adding my vote for a P-51B/C in either 1/32 or 1/24 ( and maybe a state of the art P-51D/K in 1/24 )...

I would love to see this in 1/32:

FZVOUXNh.jpg

9Q8Lpvth.jpg

And this, Meteor NF.14 ( artwork for 1/48 Special Hobby kit by Standa Hajek ):

rnoujCVh.jpg

Richard

If I'm not completely mistaken, Graham from Iconicair plans to release a resin Firefly in the not so distant future.

7 hours ago, Chek said:

I saw a new range of 3D prints by MPM Hobbies which includes 1/32 Fairey Fireflash missiles.

I can only find they were fitted to the Swift F7 and one of the NF Meteors.

With the disappearance of the Fisher Meteor conversions, I'm hoping MPM know something we don't.

I think the Javelin also used them but it is not available either in large scale. They created the 3D file and so they can print the parts in any scale.

6 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

I think the Javelin also used them but it is not available either in large scale. They created the 3D file and so they can print the parts in any scale.

You cannot us one 3d file to print in any scale!! this is a serious fallacy about 3d printing. The data needs to be optimised specifically for the intended final size of the printed item, AND the intended printing process, because the limitations of the processes need to be designed in from the beginning.

4 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

You cannot us one 3d file to print in any scale!! this is a serious fallacy about 3d printing. The data needs to be optimised specifically for the intended final size of the printed item, AND the intended printing process, because the limitations of the processes need to be designed in from the beginning.

Hi Tim,

I agree it has to be tuned but initially this is still the same file, isn't it?

Thierry

On 4/25/2022 at 4:22 PM, thierry laurent said:

Hi Tim,

I agree it has to be tuned but initially this is still the same file, isn't it?

Thierry

A few outlines maybe, but I usually find it is better, and quicker, to start again pretty much from scratch. You might get away with it from say 1:32 to 1:48, but any further, things look horribly chunky going to a bigger scale, or simply don't print if going to a smaller one.  Look at Iain's P8 wing trailing edges, for example, he has a monster amount of material to remove, as the original files wee for a much smaller sized model. 

I'd love to see Revell repeat the process they used with the Hunter, which apparently involved buying Frank Brown's rights to the Echelon kit, then tooling it up in IM. Can you imagine if they gave a bag of money to Paul Fisher, and we ended up with a Panther, Cougar, Twogar, Skyray, and Cutlass?? 

MiG-25 Foxbat!

I guess no plastic kit manufacturer seems to be likely to take such a risk of a kit that big, 75cm in length. But maybe I'm wrong, why not when we have a 1/32 Lancaster?

It would probably be no less cheap than the Lanc, but hey... what a kit and a model that would make!! 

and what about the B 26 , I mean the "Marauder " of course . The B 25 has already been done at any version , as well the "Invader " so why not the "Marauder " this AC was no less important than the two others ...........wasn't she ??...............................hello.... do you hear me ...

Alain

Just had another thought: I believe we are missing something that seems to be missing in all the major scales (bar the old Matchbox 1:72 example) a good old-fashioned slatted-wing F-86A

10 hours ago, MikeC said:

Just had another thought: I believe we are missing something that seems to be missing in all the major scales (bar the old Matchbox 1:72 example) a good old-fashioned slatted-wing F-86A

Mentioned a number of times already. The Matchbox "F-86A" (it's a caricature) can also be mentioned in the same breath as the Lindberg "F-86A", which isn't worthy of the name either.