What are we actually missing in 1/32?

airscale

4 hours ago, dennismcc said:

Thank you SH for my Westland Whirlwind which has been on my wanted list for years, just need the following short list and I will be a happy bunny.

Boulton Paul Defiant

Fairey Fulmar

Fairey Barracuda

Blackburn Skua

Fairy Firefly (WW2 version)

Fairey Battle

Britol Blenheim

Bristol Beaufighter

Gloster E28/39

Cheers

Dennis

Spot on!

Great list. :thumbsup:

On 4/16/2022 at 4:39 AM, Gerhard said:

Vampire and Beaufighter to start with. 

These would be great, and I know that Infinity Models have them on their drawing boards, but they actually need to be available in the shops.  :frantic:

P-51B/C is another huge gap.

Then there's this:

macci_mc202_aldobidini.jpg

Again, I've heard whispers, but when????   :frantic::frantic:

I ain't getting any younger, ya know........:lol:

Cheers,

Michael

12 hours ago, JimRice said:

I’m sure it will never happen, but some between the wars civil aircraft would be nice. 

Stinson Reliants, both straight and Gullwings. 

Waco cabin and open cockpit models. 

Travel Air 6000

Modern and accurate Staggerwings.  

Spartan 7W Executive

Fairchild 24 and 71

Howard DGA-11 and 17

Vultee V-1

Cessna Airmasters and T-50 Bobcat

and while dreaming Ford 4/5-AT Trimotors and Stinson Model A and T Trimotors. 

Agreed. For me:

A series of DH Moths (DH.60, Puss, Hornet, etc) would be great.  I'd also venture into wartime and post-war territory, and suggest an Auster series, pick any one or more from Taylorcraft via Auster to Beagle.

I have been blessed to see in the last decade or so many of the aircraft be kitted in 1/32 scale that I really wanted. All that I would like to see are the Me-410 - that is on the drawing board already, a Westland Wyvern - also a future release, the Macchi Mc-205 - also a future release, the SAAB Drakken - also a (resin) future release… and a Kyofu rex - sadly, not a future release (but it should be!!) and finally a 1/32 scale B-26 Marauder!!

Because I am an aerial firefighter, I would like to see the AT-802 Fire Boss, CL-215/415 and the DHC-6F Twin Otter all kitted in 1/32 scale or at least maybe 1/48 scale… 

Cheers

Alan

Edited by alaninaustria

10 hours ago, 305 swag said:

A B-1 and B-2

And a KC-135R and C-17 for logistics and refuelling support. 

In all seriousness, the same as eight years ago: Deuce, Six, Voodoo, Draken, Flagon, Foxbat, Jaguar, Aardvark, Buccaneer 2, Sea Harrier 1, Spey Phantom, Mirage F.1, Gina, Thunderstreak, Super Mystère, Étendard & SuÉ, Rafale etc etc 

And not yet announced in the propellery department: Seiran, Wellington, Oxford, Ju 88 G etc etc

It's interesting to note that the propellery stuff continues to be better served than Cold War jets in 1/32nd scale. It's almost the other way around in 1/48th scale, hence its increasing magnetism for me.  

Tony 

53 minutes ago, Tony T said:

And a KC-135R and C-17 for logistics and refuelling support. 

In all seriousness, the same as eight years ago: Deuce, Six, Voodoo, Draken, Flagon, Foxbat, Jaguar, Aardvark, Buccaneer 2, Sea Harrier 1, Spey Phantom, Mirage F.1, Gina, Thunderstreak, Super Mystère, Étendard & SuÉ, Rafale etc etc 

And not yet announced in the propellery department: Seiran, Wellington, Oxford, Ju 88 G etc etc

It's interesting to note that the propellery stuff continues to be better served than Cold War jets in 1/32nd scale. It's almost the other way around in 1/48th scale, hence its increasing magnetism for me.  

Tony 

The dark side is calling you...:whistle:

13 minutes ago, wunwinglow said:

No! More 109's and 190's!! 

I'll get my coat.....

There aren’t as many (that you would want to build) of either as you might think

Fw 190A/F: Revell, Hasegawa (but nothing earlier than an A-4 unless you consider the Pacific Coast kit)

Fw 190D: Hasegawa 

Bf 109E: Eduard, Dragon, maybe Matchbox

Bf 109F: Hasegawa is superior to Trumpeter

Bf 109G: Hasegawa, Revell, Trumpeter

Bf 109K: Hasegawa 

Yes, I know the quoted post was tongue-in-cheek :)

4 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

There aren’t as many (that you would want to build) of either as you might think

Fw 190A/F: Revell, Hasegawa (but nothing earlier than an A-4 unless you consider the Pacific Coast kit)

I rest my case, M'Lud....   ( or Judge, if you are Stateside!)   And now perhaps understand why I love my 3d printer so much! 

On 4/17/2022 at 5:01 PM, VMA131Marine said:

But what about the imminent utter hordes of Zoukei-Mura, not counting the Ta 152 which is basically a stretched out Wurger? 

The first generation Harrier, on the other hand, can muster only a single example in 1/32, and it's an antique tooling at that. I'm almost minded to suffer my way through an almost as old Airfix 1/24 SHAR if I can find one cheap enough.

Tony