A-7E BuNo.157545 VA - 195 Cdr. Hardisty's Ride

OK Fellow LSP'ers :-)  Here's an update.

Received the avionics bay. Got that cleaned up and painted in chromate yellow.

a71of1-9_zps3bc3e0a3.jpg[/url]

Finished the internals of the wheel bays, and need to put a final white coat before weathering.Time consuming working with these small resin parts, but worth it in the end.

a71of1-7_zps53e6f23b.jpg[/url]

a71of1-6_zps3b14cb6a.jpg[/url]

..and drum roll please..... the PIT FITS! :frantic:  this was my biggest area of concern never having done a resin cockpit before and the Aires instructions suck. Had some kit shaving to do as well and that was nail biting - but great to see it fits. Need to ad a few more things to the pit and then I'll finish the seat. 

a71of1-8_zpscc3d3f1b.jpg[/url]

Onward and upward.

Very Nice Work Joe!  that looks very cool! 

And ya know, we have always been like this, helpful jokers, parts lenders etc. You just happened in on a large concentration of us on this Group Build. Please ask again if you find your self needing something,  and don't be afraid to offer help to somebody else, That's all we ask.. if somebody helps you, pay it forward. :)

Oh... and have fun doing it! :yahoo:

Paul  

• 2 weeks later...

OK, back from vacation and finishing the pit. A BIG THANKS to Kai for providing his step by step instructions in his F8 build thread on his cockpit weathering. These were invaluable to me. I used MIG pigments in dusting this up and I'm heading off to a graphic arts store today to get a selection of pastels as I think they will do a better weathering job in the future (finer grind).  

So have finished most of the pit, put in the MG and have started buttoning up the fuselage.

f181of1_zps45909ce8.jpg

f181of1-2_zps1c4cdca9.jpg

Hey - nice work man. Sorry if I missed it in your posts but which seat did you end up using the wolfpack or aires seat?

I'm gearing up to start my A-7D and noticed you had both to choose from.

Keep going on the build as they look great when finished.

Joe,

I actually started on the Aires, but switched to the Wolfpack. For me the pe seatbelts were a nightmare. They just didn't look right. On top of that the color of Eduards prepainted looked garish... Way too bright.

I preferred the molded on seatbelts of Wolpacks. Side by side the wolfpack seat is a bit smaller, but looks ok once in the pit.

I have the wolfpack seat too but have been eying off the quick boost version. I wonder if being an aires sideline sort of offering if it is the same size as the aires seat ?

Anyway hope to join in the gb soon.