HK Models 1/32 Do 335B

LSP_Kevin

Guest Peterpools

Kev

Always amazed at how steadily you progress through a build. Sure is looking good

Keep 'em coming

Peter

The first WIP ever I've applied the "follow"-button  :thumbsup:  And it's not because of your modelling skills (no pun intended, of course you are skilled B) ).

With painting the bird coming closer - are you aware of this? Be warned, it links to Hyperthingee :whistle:

And a very recent one.

Just to handle a can of worms or two more easy...

Regards

- dutik

Thanks dutik! I have a PDF copy of Michael Ullmann's original article on my computer, and have determined that early Do 335s were most likely 81/82 over 65, while later ones most likely replaced 65 with 76. I've ordered all 4 colours from the Mr. Paint range from Uschi, to test them out in preference to the Gunze acrylics I would normally use here. It will be interesting to see what they look like.

Here's the Monogram kit I built many years ago, which based on Michael's article I painted 81/82/65:

gJdjcG.jpg

I'm not that anal about the accuracy of the colours though, to be honest.

Kev

Never ending discussion about colours.... :rolleyes:. Sometimes you wish that you could go back in time to see it with your own eyes. Or better; take your Digital SLR with you and take some photos ..... only to come back in 2014 and forgot to set the proper white balance  :P

Thanks dutik! I have a PDF copy of Michael Ullmann's original article on my computer, and have determined that early Do 335s were most likely 81/82 over 65, while later ones most likely replace 65 with 76. I've ordered all 4 colours from the Mr. Paint range from Uschi, to test them out in preference to the Gunze acrylics I would normally use here. It will be interesting to see what they look like.

Here's the Monogram kit I built many years ago, which based on Michael's article I painted 81/82/65:

gJdjcG.jpg

I'm not that anal about the accuracy of the colours though, to be honest.

Kev

I would not call anyone out for choosing that scheme. Looks good and convincing.

Who are we to judge? None of us were there, and most of those who were are dead and can't say, "You're wrong!"

OK folks, back to some actual modelling! Seat has been completed with a set of HGW belts - the only aftermarket used so far:

XaeXwI.jpg

The loopy pipe work at the front of the seat was a bit of pain. I managed to snap one while removing it from the sprue, and after repairing it, again while I was trying to fit it. It's all come together OK in the end, but I think I was only lucky that I haven't knocked any of them off again so far.

Here's the seat installed onto the rear cockpit bulkhead:

7UBv9Y.jpg

And now that assembly fitted onto the rear of the main cockpit tub:

bdcVai.jpg

And finally, a quick test-fit of the entire thing inside the fuselage:

vEZWPG.jpg

Apart from the instrument panel, that concludes the cockpit! There's so much more you could do here if you had the inclination, but even straight out of the box, I think it looks great.

Kev