HK Models 1/32 Do 335B

LSP_Kevin

Great job mate on both ejector pin and painting.

All this looks very familiar and I can see when I look at the rear engine bay floor that HK as the same reference issue as I had when I was working on my vac project... I'd be most surprised if the real thing was that flat in the area...

Looking at the front Wheel well, I must say it looks excellent and spot on compared to the available references.

It really looks good to me, as good as can be ;)

Thanks again for sharing buddy

Thanks for checking in fellas. I'm happy to report that I have some more progress! It doesn't look like much, but there's quite a bit of work involved in even this small update. I completed the rear wall of the nose wheel bay:

pThDNL.jpg

The red stripes on the blue cylinders were cut from left-over decals from the Kittyhawk Texan kit.

And here's the completed assembly test-installed into the fuselage:

OqbSxH.jpg

Ug0CXg.jpg

dgsLKG.jpg

6cSZ83.jpg

It looks like the fuselage will be a bit of a challenge to close up between the nose wheel bay and the bomb bay, but it's early days yet. So far I'm having terrific fun with this kit!

Kev

Thanks chaps. More coming soon I hope. I forgot to mention that the fit of the three nose wheel bay panels with respect to the roof and each other is exceptional. I had to shave a few atoms off one tab on one part in order to facilitate a press fit, but that was it. Terrific! I just hope it continues in this vein.

Kev

Thanks chaps. More coming soon I hope. I forgot to mention that the fit of the three nose wheel bay panels with respect to the roof and each other is exceptional. I had to shave a few atoms off one tab on one part in order to facilitate a press fit, but that was it. Terrific! I just hope it continues in this vein.

Kev

Nice......good to know things like that Kev. Helps loads for the people like me possibly looking to invest in the kit.

Looking forward to more

Just another small update on progress with the cockpit. Here's an unfortunately poor photo of the main cockpit tub, with rudder pedals and control column installed:

aoFKAI.jpg

The camera insisted on using the flash, and it has washed out most of the contrast and highlighted details. I'll try to get better shots of the completed assembly once the seat and rear bulkhead are attached. Note though the long tab a the rear - no locating holes for the rear bulkhead! See the rear bulkhead in the photo below:

JCDeGS.jpg

Note the locating pins for the non-existent holes!  This is really the first issue I've had with the build so far, and of course the obvious and easy fix is to simply remove the pins from the bulkhead, which I've done. I'm now working on completing the seat and assembling a set of HGW Luftwaffe seat belts.

Oh, here's a photo of how the main cockpit tub sits atop the roof of the previously shown nose wheel bay:

gIsFZL.jpg

Once again, it's a perfect fit.

Kev

Thank you gentlemen! This one's on the back burner for a little bit while I work on the Ryan kit. I got about halfway through assembling the HGW seatbelts when I decided I needed a break from it, but once I reach a natural stopping point with the Ryan, I'll be back here to finish them off and push on. It's funny looking at the massive size difference between the two kits on my workbench!

Kev