HK Models 1/32 Do 335B

LSP_Kevin

Well folks, it's time to see how this one goes together. This will be a notional 'review build' in the same vein as the Kittyhawk Texan and HK Models Meteor before it. That is, pretty much straight-out-of-the-box to show how everything goes together and what, if any, problems there might be. In that spirit, I'll be going against my normal habit and leaving all the panels open where they can be. I've also decided that I'll add extra details if I feel they'll enhance the end result, but they will of course be duly noted during construction.

Not much to look at so far:

YIRe6M.jpg

Rather than bore you with a bunch of sprue shots, I'll direct you to my recent preview of this kit on the website, which features all the pertinent information and photos of this particular example. The bubble-wrap in the photo above is protecting the clear parts.

My sample was nicely coated in mould release agent, so all the parts have had a good wash in warm soapy water, including a bit of a scrub with an old toothbrush. I only managed to break off two parts!

Bear in mind too that this is a test shot, without nose weight, decals or even the final instructions (I do have a preliminary set in digital format to work from though). It also features the original canopy with the bulges as add-on parts, which is apparently going to be re-tooled as a single part with moulded-in bulges. Let's hope they're successful with this! At this stage I'm not sure if I'll wait for updated parts, or simply plough on with what I have in the box. It will depend on who gets there first I guess!

Anyway, I hope to bring you guys some actual modelling soon.

Kev

Thanks guys. Geez, I'm starting to feel the pressure already! I won't really be able to make an actual start for a day or so yet, but in the meantime I've printed off the preliminary instructions, and pulled my Tamiya 1/48 kit out of the stash to assist with colour call-outs (though most of them are obvious anyway).

Kev

I've just heard from Neil at HK Models that they're aware of all the ejector pin marks, and that they will not be present on the production sprues. Great news! Also, the canopy is being retooled as two separate panels with the bulges moulded integrally. They will need to be glued together to form a full canopy, but I'm presuming this will be along the framework. A little awkward perhaps, but better than gluing bulge pieces onto the flat canopy.

Kev