Do 1/32 scale decals exist for this F-15J ?

Tony T

Hi Tony, alas no!

The sole special scheme ever released was the Two Bobs one you mentioned. They also released an Agressor sheet. Besides this, afaik, only some small manga nose arts were released to be used with the Tamiya decals, nothing else..!

Thierry

I have looked for it, too, some months ago, and only found 1/72 and 1/48 released by a japanese company (dont remember the name). They look really good, and i even thought about making the paint job myself in 1/32 with masks and airbrush. But it is a very hard job with non guaranted result, so i gave up. And i've so many kits in my stash that this one can wait until someone releases a 1/32 decal set....

Edited by Zero77

Big Eagle decals are old and hard to find, and when they are printed they quickly become commodity items.   Jake will eventually get to some, but I would speculate that will be after the Phantom Recces and the Dark Vipers.  Caracal is making a few of the ANG birds, and Astra/Daco is slowly working on a “Wolfgang†eagle set.   I have tried to get him to reprint the Lakenheath Mudhen/light Gray sheet and he said he does not have another 20 years to live to sell them all!

Sounds like you have your next decal project, Tony!!

Tim

(Not so much in the decal business as offering copies of stuff I do for myself. Though I may go commercial if I finance screen printing.)

For this F-15J, if I attempt the art, I'd rather design the details over a white background, possibly leaving "cut outs" for vents, which would need to be pre-painted. However, Lee's idea of doing the design as an overlay on white paint is more sensible.

The gold writing could be done by way of masks.

Hmmm. Warming to a DIY design job, but would rather buy a ready-made set! If they're available in 1/48 I may just scale them up for own use only.

Tony

Edited by Tony T

I have the scheme with the mountains and the cherry blossoms in 1/48 in my stash.

I believe they were done by Platz Decals.

-Scott

Thanks Scott - found it!

http://www.platz-hobby.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&manufacturers_id=1&products_id=714

May have to commit an act of sacrilege and build it in 1/48.

Tony

It was quite an adventure laying those big decals down!

IMG_0003-1.jpg

That really looks great!! I have a couple sets of these but never got around to using them. They look like a real bear to lay down, i think if i really wanted to do this scheme i would photocopy the sheets and use them as masks or patterns to paint the dragon on. At 1/32 it shouldn't be too bad to do. This reminds me, i need to PM Smokey.

Don