United Nations Cosmo Navy Destroyer Yukikaze

BloorwestSiR

Well, I decided to take a quick break from the AWV GB and build something less involved:

004-7.jpg

This is the recent release from Bandai in their Mecha Collection series of small scale ships from the recent Space Battleship Yamato 2199 anime series. I remember watching the English dubbed version which was called Star Blazers weekday mornings and then running to school so I wouldn't be late. 

It's a small snap kit, but has quite a bit of detail to it:

005-9.jpg

Oh yeah, it's molded in colour too with the parts breakdown based on the main colour scheme.:

007-10.jpg

008-7.jpg

Here's the last sprue shot:

009-7.jpg

I wish other manufacturers would copy the way that Bandai uses cutouts to label the sprue (here A2) so that they're easier to locate. 

And these are all the parts after a quick coat of paint. I used Vallejo white grey for the forward hull, Tamiya XF-3 yellow and XF-7 red for the rear hull and uh, wings:

010-8.jpg

Here's the forward hull together:

011-6.jpg

I painted in the bridge windows with Vallejo periscope. This is with the rear hull and stabilizers attached:

012-4.jpg

And we're finished!

014-5.jpg

All in, it probably took me just over an hour to get this completed. I may do a panel wash as that will highlight some of the details a bit better.

Yeah, a nice refreshing break. No PE, no resin, no cement even. Just a (small) pile of plastic and some satisfaction.

Carl