Plea to Harvard Experten....

wunwinglow

Hi Team, just wondered if anyone had put together a tweak list for the Texan/Harvard kit yet? I'd love to do a Harvard IIb from 4FTS, RAF Heany, 1952-3 , but am getting a bit baffled by what the different versions were. I know I need the canopy set from Ali, but what else?

Thanks in advance!

Tim

I think the answer Tim is as much or as little as you want to make it!  I'm doing a Harvard IIa based at Cranborne, so not far from Heany, and the must have as you say is the A2Zee canopy, which arrived yesterday but I'm not planning to alter too much else other than the position of the navigation lights which I think (but don't quote me) were on the upper wing tips though this needs further investigation.

north-american-at-6c-Harvard-mk-iia-trai

Max

PS I've just checked The Harvard File (Air-Britain), there are two good shots (p63 and 67) of EX510 and EX818 of No. 4 FTS Heany post war, but perhaps you've seen these as your reference pictures?  Happy to scan and send them to you if not.

Edited by mozart

"Harvard"  by Fletcher/Macphail  ISBN 0-9693825-0-2,    

is the best reference for what you need.

edit;  however it deals with mainly Canadian operated  aircraft. 

Cheers, Tony

Edited by Snowbird3a

Max, I'd love to see the scans, I don't have the book. I spent a couple of hours going through my late fathers photos, but couldn't find the one I wanted, which he took from the rear cockpit of one, looking across the wing to several others. He was an instrument fitter, got to fly a fair bit, but this was a special formation in celebration of the coronation I think. I'll keep looking!

Tony, thanks for the recommendation!

Tim

Edited by wunwinglow