Pfalz DIIIa WNW Marine Feld Jasta III

My apologies for not posting this on here earlier... but here we are :doh:

Well, my friends, the curtain has finally come down on my MFJ III Pfalz DIIIa - YAY!!! It has been 5 long years since my last completed kit. I guarantee you, you won't have to wait another 5 more. Not with the likes of WNW's build quality and attention to detail. Superb!!

Let me start by saying a big Thank you to Steve Robson. His generosity knows no bounds - cheers mate!

A big thank you goes out to Garry from Hannants London. He gave me the birthday gift of one of Doug Craners superb wooden wonders - cheers Gazz!

To Sir Peter Jackson:
Thanks for pouring your time and passion into WNW. You have given all of us innumerable hours of enjoyment, speculation and a web based brotherhood of loyal followers - Gawd Bless Ya!

What you see before you is my rendition of an unknown pilot + unknown serial MFJ.III Pfalz.  The only surviving picture and the basis for my build can be seen on page 64 of Greg VanWyngarden's Pfalz Scout Aces of World War One. From this sole surviving picture I went with a gut feeling (I'm happy to be proven wrong) that the band around the diamond was yellow and not black. Why? I can see no tonal difference between the Diamond band and the yellow tail section. Like I say, I'm happy to be wrong ;-)

Let the pictures begin…

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Herr Baron!

What a surprise and a pleasure it was to see your post here!

The Pfalz looks fabulous, the weathering is spot on and the spoked wheels and the carved prop really add alot to the already beautiful build my friend!

The scheme is actually pretty cool and it's the first time i come across it so thank you for giving us some background about it and most of all, thanks for sharing your build with us!

I am looking forward to your next build, which as you said will hopefully not take another 5 years lol lol lol

Karim