AMS Resin A-10C mini conversion progress.

Harold

No it still remains, but now there are two here because of some personality conflicts.

Ah hah, nothing new. It was going on when I was prez, that is why I quit.

I didn't understand why a MODELING club could be so full of drama.

Hello,

If I may chime in.. I heard there was an issue with the shape of the nose also.  If that's true do you ahve any planes to look into that too?  I have the A-10 in the stash and would really like to get it done one day...

Thanks!

Gary V.

Redondo Beach

Hello,

If I may chime in.. I heard there was an issue with the shape of the nose also.  If that's true do you ahve any planes to look into that too?  I have the A-10 in the stash and would really like to get it done one day...

Thanks!

Gary V.

Redondo Beach

I heard that as well. But never thought of doing a nose for it.  I would have to find out what it  would need.  

Hi Harold,

Here is an extract from my tweak list:

The nose is too blunt. More specifically, the shape is too wide in plan view. There is no easy way to solve this. The sole solution implies reshaping the nose and restoring surface details. To do this, apply a thick layer of epoxy putty or cyano gel glue to the inside of the fuselage halves around the forward nose. Then, scrape, file and sand the nose sides progressively. To obtain a more accurate section, it is necessary to go through the plastic (remove more or less two millimeters). Polish the sanded area and restore scribing and other surface details such as antennae. Do not forget modifying as well part K24 (front LG wheel well) as it must be fitted to the fuselage halves. 

Hth

Thierry

I have a couple cast right now. I can do a few for LPSers before they go to Sprue. I am behind on my re-stock, so I am holding off on any new items going to retail.

Let me know.

Harold

PM sent Harold. I'm after a set of RF-4C photo flash 'boxes' and four Rockeyes as well as the A-10C cockpit.

Cheers

Tony

Hi Harold,

Here is an extract from my tweak list:

The nose is too blunt. More specifically, the shape is too wide in plan view. There is no easy way to solve this. The sole solution implies reshaping the nose and restoring surface details. To do this, apply a thick layer of epoxy putty or cyano gel glue to the inside of the fuselage halves around the forward nose. Then, scrape, file and sand the nose sides progressively. To obtain a more accurate section, it is necessary to go through the plastic (remove more or less two millimeters). Polish the sanded area and restore scribing and other surface details such as antennae. Do not forget modifying as well part K24 (front LG wheel well) as it must be fitted to the fuselage halves. 

Hth

Thierry

Thanks Thierry. You always come through.

Oh yes, I may have something for you concerning the right side of something to match the left side of something....more later.

Thanks Thierry. You always come through.

Oh yes, I may have something for you concerning the right side of something to match the left side of something....more later.

Harold,

If that's the F-16 ADF fin mod or completed set of AIM-4Ds and rails you can add that/those to the other stuff I'm after. Probably saves on postage and boxes to get them in one go if possible.

Tony

Harold,

If that's the F-16 ADF fin mod or completed set of AIM-4Ds and rails you can add that/those to the other stuff I'm after. Probably saves on postage and boxes to get them in one go if possible.

Tony

Nope, it has to do with the F-4 Revell kit...

I have the bottom rail ready to be "riveted" and "screwed"...I hoped my riveting doesn't screw it up..lol

I made a casting of the basic rail, so if I mess up the details, I will have a back up.

I learned that lesson a long time ago.

The shipping is usually around $8.88 up to s certain weight. I think it is 6oz or 8oz or so.

Edited by Harold

Excellent news about the Phantom parts!!!

By the way, Olimp has just released a set of decals and weapons for the late Hogs! This will be the ideal set to use with your pit! If the kit was not such a dog, I'd get a second one to make a grey one in Afghanistan but I think I'll stay with my Desert Storm European 1 camo pre-LASTE & GPS plane!

Excellent news about the Phantom parts!!!

By the way, Olimp has just released a set of decals and weapons for the late Hogs! This will be the ideal set to use with your pit! If the kit was not such a dog, I'd get a second one to make a grey one in Afghanistan but I think I'll stay with my Desert Storm European 1 camo pre-LASTE & GPS plane!

I hope they will do a little better job on protecting the decals in their sets.

A friend ordered the Hog set, so I had a chance to check them out. The decals were destroyed. The resin parts rubbed against the decal and made all of them unusable.

I didn't have too much time to check out the rest of the set, just a quick look, I am not sure about the pod and dispenser. Something looked off to me.

Maybe someone can let us know.

Harold

Edited by Harold

Too bad! I got their Eurofighter set and was fortunate enough to have the resin parts against the other side of the decal sheet! It seems they really have to improve their packaging.

For the price, definitely.

Looking forward to the Hog parts Harold.

Tony

Too bad! I got their Eurofighter set and was fortunate enough to have the resin parts against the other side of the decal sheet! It seems they really have to improve their packaging.

Exactly, this set had them facing the resin. They were scratched up so bad, none could be used.