Combat Models A-26A Counter Invader (1/32)

This is what I'm shootin' for......This is the outer hub/wheel center section. from a Counter Invader 1/48 aftermarket kit (Cutting Edge IIRC) ..............P.S......Counter Invader wheels were different than the old Invader models..........Main wheels and brakes were fron a C-135/KC-135 ...........Not sure where the nose wheel came from..................

IMG_0408_zpsb483efd5.jpg

Edited by oldthudman5

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding work ... I restarted an old ID Models kit I've had for years, with the idea of building it as a K.  Each time I pull it out, I fear that someone will bring one out in injection LOL. 

I'm really enjoying your build log ... and if you decide to offer castings, please count me in :whistle:

By the way ... check out http://warbirdinformationexchange.org/phpBB3/index.php  and search for "B-26K Counter-Invader Restoration ("Special K")" in the WIX Forum.  Lots of great photos ...

Thanks!

Edited by Nailcreek

OK finally figured out how to (or at least method #1) to make the center section of mail wheel.........Next step is to build up the center "hump"....and I'm going to use Apoxie Sculpt....then try to impress the 18 little vent holes around the center cap..............Will use resin "nut & bolt's" to duplicate the outer ring of "dots" which are nuts & bolts..........

Pictured here......

Edited by oldthudman5

Nice work!  All the scratched details really bring it to life

BTW........Here's the center finder I ordered from Micro Mark.............

IMG_0423_zps987f851b.jpg

Thats pretty trick!  So it finds the center of perfect circles I take it? Havnt seen that in the Micro Mark catalog.............its in there?