Combat Models A-26A Counter Invader (1/32)

Hi Claude, thanks for the heads up. I went and checked, the site is gone. I started to get panicky, as their stuff is THAT good! I found an archived page that showed that they are (were) getting a new page on July 23..... So, they seem to be in the midst of a move. The telephone number should be the same, and that is 1-800-261-2837. Happy hunting!

I'll check later then..............Thanks.....

Hi Claude, thanks for the heads up. I went and checked, the site is gone. I started to get panicky, as their stuff is THAT good! I found an archived page that showed that they are (were) getting a new page on July 23..... So, they seem to be in the midst of a move. The telephone number should be the same, and that is 1-800-261-2837. Happy hunting!

Lee:..............Aves website is backup and running...............http://www.avesstudio.com/

On tool I decided I needed was a circle center finder...............May order one from Micro Mark next month but decided to try and make a temporary tool for the present....................Made from pieces of Evergreen I-Bean and about .40 thou flat..............

IMG_0396_zpsce67b909.jpg

IMG_0395_zps4faab133.jpg

Edited by oldthudman5

Hi,

I like what you are doing very much.

Can I please ask how this circle centre finder tool works (never heard about that before)?

Thanks ;)

Presently, I'm working on the bakes for the main wheels.........to drill a hole in the center of, say a disk,  you can guess at the center but it's better to be ensured true center..........That's where a center finder comes in......Here are a couple of pic to illustrate

56019-01-200_zps4532bfa2.jpg

Edited by oldthudman5

I've had a circle center finder for years. I first got it when I started doing scratch built ships. You'll find it an extremely useful tool. I don't know how I got along without it.

If you don't mind me asking Polsam

....Where did you buy your center finder tool..............

Edited by oldthudman5

I can't even get a B-26K going in 1/48 and I have a conversion and an IM kit and here you are striking "gold" in the "real man's" scale. Marvelous work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barry

Know what you mean........I too have the 1/48 Mono kit plus the IIRC the Cutting Edge conversion kit...... Also had another one resin conversion kit (which I can't recall at the moment)............ I got just so far and really couldn't get any further...................

Oldthudman5,

Gosh!!!

I just caught up and OMG !!

Your work is EXEMPLARY and it has gotten so good since I last peeked in..

Those wheels et al is simply SPLENDID.

Keep up the excellent workmanship..

:thumbsup: :bow:

Thanks.........Actually I redid the brakes .....they just didn't look right  to me...............Will post new pics in a day or 2............